over 50 here

Options

Replies

• fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just over 50. At maintenance but enjoy supporting others. Anyone can feel free to send me a request.
  • rosalie115
    rosalie115 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Shhhhh. I'm in this age group but don't tell anyone. Once my real age is revealed, they take away the "fun" and hand me needle point. Oh please! If I didn't carry this extra 40lbs, I'd be in the bounce house with the kids. Too bad, my kids are grown. Lol
    don't want to be like my parents who's social life was going to the doctors! Don't want my conversations to be about complaining this hurts......so I guess I'll try be healthy
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Recently turned 50, joined mfp 7 weeks ago, 16 pounds down, 80 to go, so far so good
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    53 and have been in fitness for over 30+ years now. Here to help and educate the community.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I haven't yet mentioned that I'm 53 either.
  • Bill2728
    Bill2728 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well over 50! 65 and been here two weeks, wish I'd found MFP much sooner!
  • hmhall85
    hmhall85 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    55. Started MFP last November when I was discharged from the chest pain unit. I'm not losing record amounts of weight, but I am dropping significant inches, dropping my blood pressure, and dropping my resting pulse rate. Hope to lose 40 lbs eventually.
  • Unbreakable071766
    Options
    I like this group. 50 and working on rocking it again!
  • gotblues66
    gotblues66 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just turned 51, doing resistance training for a couple years now, but still just a noob really. I don't want to lose weight, just fat, and replace with muscle. I started keto at probably around 20% bf, want to get to 15% or lower then switch back to bulking mode (cleaner this time around) for summer. MFP has been a very useful tool to help me stay on top of my diet. BTW you guys all look so good, got me thinking 50 is the new 40?
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    59 and been here since mid-January. Down 8 lbs with another 30 or so to go.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I started last March 1st at 57 on here..308 pounds..Tomorrow is my one year anniversary of making the decision to change my life (and following through)
    I am now 58 and I hope to be down 80 pounds tomorrow morning. I weighed in this morning at 228.2

My health is good 9I am diabetic according to my Dr but no meds..diet controlled..no special diet either. Just eat sensible and exercise!

Just remember to enjoy the journey and don't focus on the end result..I look back at this past year and am amazed at what I have accomplished. Hard work..yes..rewarding..yes

A healthier me Priceless! Best wishes to all of you!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    dsydorko wrote: »
    BTW you guys all look so good, got me thinking 50 is the new 40?
    I put it down to constant grooming, and high-quality, grain-free kibble.

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    machete66 wrote: »
    Hello looking to lose weight and get into a better 50 yr old shape and meet people with the same goals and support. Does not matter if you want to lose 5lbs or 100 plus

I'm 51 and my goal was to lose 10lbs. That's done but I'm staying on, as this seems like a good lifestyle to adopt for the long term, rather than just a temporary diet.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    pj4437 wrote: »
    51 in February and I want to lose at least 20 for a start. I need to lose 50, but if I look at that big number every day I will get discouraged. I figured adding a smaller amount will motivate me to lose more once I reach that! I also have type 2 diabetes, and I have friends that are starting to have health problems because theirs is is not managed.

Excellent choice to take action now. I was pre-diabetic, but after joining MFP and making some changes in my life, all my readings are good again.
  • 5n00py
    5n00py Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Any of you want someone else in your cheer squad? I'm about to leave my 50's, so maybe I need to find the geriatric section?! :p I'm about halfway through my shrink process, and I found that the community here gave such a boost to my own convictions. Add me if you like....
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hi, new here. I'm 53 and working hard on losing weight healthily.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    69 age is no barrier. Go for it you will achieve
  • POHarry
    POHarry Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    54 and back again. Just can't seem to keep the weight off and now I am at my heaviest. I want to lose 12 lbs and keep it off this time. My weakness is sweets. I have a sit down job and work out regularly. Need to ramp it up again.
  • mtews63
    mtews63 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,. My name is Mark. Iamm 54 years old. I've been on here about 8 months. I have lost 35 lbs. Original goal was 45. I have decided it is going so well to reset it to 55. That was the weight I was when I got married. The amount of time it takes me isn't as important as the final outcome.

I would be interested to hear people's motivation or reason for doing this. Mine was twofold. First I was getting desperately close to 300 lbs. But second and probably the real reason was missing an opportunity to do something special with my son. I missed it because there was a weight limit of 270lbs. I said never again and I haven't looked back.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,387 Member
    Options
    There's a (not very active, but friendly) 50+ group here on MFP, too:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

P.S. I'm 62, got to goal weight at 59-60, now using MFP to maintain a healthy weight.

Best wishes, all! :)