Hi Everyone!!

Options
Hi Everyone! My name is Nicki! I got back on the wagon again today and I am hoping I can make it work this time!! I am sorta new to the fitness pal. I started using it a while back but I never stuck with my journaling or exercising. So I am hoping to meet some new friends on here that can help motivate me and keep me going!! Any tips on how you keep yourselves motivated would help a bunch!!

Thanks!!

Replies

• MommyChamp
    Options
    Hi Nicki! nice to meet you! I just joined today.... I'm really horrible about sticking to something for any length of time. I'm hoping to meet some friends to help keep me on track and motivated =) this site is REALLY cool....I was shocked to see the cobb salad I had at red robin tonight listed in the salads! lol! What kinds of things are you doing to help with your goal? I've done the Atkins thing a few times...it really works for me and I really like the way i feel when i do it. So that's where I'm starting !
  • nrundhaug
    nrundhaug Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started today also. Probably starting for the millionth time but you got to start before you can finish, right? lol I have been journaling my food all day and I think that helps a lot when you are keeping track of what you are eating. I realized today some of the things I ate have empty calories and I feel hungry sooner than I know I should. So I am going to have to find healthier foods to eat. I used to walk alot before or doing the walk away the pounds dvds. I think something that is helping me is that I don't have a fast food resturant in my town. I go to school so on my breaks in between classes I would always go to usually Taco Johns. Thank goodness for summer breaks.
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I just joined today also - a friend at work told me about this site
    It looks helpful - will let you know exactly (and I hate that part) - need to stay honest for yourself if for no other reason!
    Looking to get out of the women's dept get back to my "healthy" size and weight.
    Good luck - hope the journal works for you - I hope it works for me too.
    Carol
  • calidale
    calidale Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, I just got started today too. I have several different DVDs I have ordered over the last two years (all with good intentions) and 1 isn't even out of the cellophane and the others I watched once, but never actually got up off the couch. I have trouble finding motivation for moving this body I have.. it's easier to manage what I eat, so I am starting there this week. Tomorrow I am going to start moving my body with one of my DVDs.

I think this site is going to be very helpful and I am looking to start new friendships here and expand my support system. :):happy:

- Dee