Stuck in a plateau and needed to remind myself how far I have come

Options
2»

Replies

• geejag
    geejag Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you all..its so encouraging. I have a renewed motivation now to keep going. <3
  • matt88uk
    matt88uk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It's easy to break through a plateau just have to do re calculate your tdee etc then eat the required amount to lose weight....calorie deficit for weight loss simple as that really :)
  • fitforchocolate
    fitforchocolate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You have done a great job! You can push through and make it to the end, I know it!
  • geejag
    geejag Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thank you all. I am paying attention to my macros now. Trying to break free from the scale.

Something surprising happened last week that I wanted to share. I asked my trainer to take a video of me squatting. The person in the video was not an unhealthy obese person I imagined but a toned person performing sqauts in good form. The video pleasantly surprised me and made me realize a lot of problem is my own body image issue as well.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You have come so far -you look fabulous!!! Keep it up & you will break thru the plateau!!
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Don't give up u look awesome!! Great job so far
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    how frustrating... get three or four plans to break the plateau and start with one, like your HIT and try that for three weeks and see if you start losing..then move on to the next plan if it doesn't until you find what will work.

I hit a plateau years ago. i broke mine by eating a few off plan meals..ie; chicken and dumplings things like that. And then i went back on and started losing. So, I'd add two cheat days a week and see if that shakes things up.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't quit and backslide, like so many people do when they get frustrated. You look amazing! Even if you never progress beyond this point (which I doubt will happen), just think of how far you've come and how well you've done thus far. Even if all you do is maintain, it will still be a success! <3
  • elopez1998
    elopez1998 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Strongly suggest taking measurements. Keep it up.

• SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work. I have a workout shirt that says,"Sweat today, Smile tomorrow."
  • TAMMY7173
    TAMMY7173 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just always exercise more and it starts back up.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    You look great! I would try switching things up a bit as far as exercise routine and eating habits.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!