Fit bit causing swellling on wrist

Options
I just got out the shower after a workout session and noticed where my Fitbit usually is a reddened area. Has anyone experienced this before? Doesn't hurt or anything s0kcuava6v7k.jpg

Replies

• PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Red rash? Could be contact derm.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I've gotten that before usually after an intense workout
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I get a mild rash sometimes. I was switching wrists for a day or so. Now I switch before I go to sleep and switch back in the morning.
  • tamnic812
    tamnic812 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you I am going to try that I have a Garmin but I do not see why that would not work once again thank you
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    You are not the only person to experience this. If you head over to amazon you can see tons of reviews where people have had the same issue. It could be getting sweaty under there, it could be too tight, you might just have a sensitivity to the tracker.

From what i've seen this tends to occur when the heart rate monitor is pressed up against the skin for a long period of time.
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Try wearing the fitbit more loose and farther up on your wrist if possible, I always wear mine above my wrist bone
  • diroka
    diroka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I get that if I get too ambitious with which notch I wear my fitbit on... if it's too tight and I sweat, I get irritation/raised red areas... it goes away within an hour usually though
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    people have worn watches for a hundred years. A couple months of fitbit, and everyone's kin is sloughing off.
  • astronaught
    astronaught Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I got a $15 metal wristband with a magnetic clasp for my Charge 2. It is so much more comfortable than the stock wristband and makes it easier to move around your wrist from time to time. Plus it makes the charge look more like a watch than a fitness device. I highly recommend them if the stock wristband is causing you problems.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »
    people have worn watches for a hundred years. A couple months of fitbit, and everyone's kin is sloughing off.

Most don't wear their watches 24/7 and during workouts. There is a bit of a difference. Mine only comes off my wrist for ~ 45 mins a day to charge.
  • delisha527
    delisha527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
    Here's an update the rash isn't redish anymore I switched arms it could possibly have something to do with me working out seven days a week