How long are your workout sessions? How long should they be?

Options
2»

Replies

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I usually plan on training 30-45 minutes but always wind up going 60-90 minutes.
  • PhillyBlazen76
    PhillyBlazen76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me, 30 mins minimum and 1.5 hrs max.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I'm not an athlete, no desire to become one, and don't like exercise very much so I lift 90x3, yoga 90x1 and either row or walk for 30 min the other 2 days.

Just keeping the old bod well oiled and functioning.

Cheers, h.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Gym is minimum 1 hour. Sometimes cardio only but minimum burn of 500 cals and heart rate over 170.

Sometimes i walk there and back which is 30 mins each way. If I have the car then i might spend a little longer, perhaps doing more strength training and having a swim after.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    30-90 minutes including stretches, warmups etc.
  • uninc57
    uninc57 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Depends on what type of training you're doing. Weightlifting typically takes me anywhere from 30-60 minutes. Cardio becomes less effective the more often you do it, as the body becomes more efficient, so you need to either increase duration or intensity to have the same effect.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    I work out anywhere from 25minutes to an hour it seems to be doing the trick what does everyone else do?

Duration depends on my plan, and they should be as long as the plan says.

The purpose varies depending on what my A Race is at any point, but generally 60-90 minutes mid-week and 3-4 hours for marathon or 50K training.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    i do hot power vinyasa yoga everyday for 60 minutes. every class is unique as is the instructor. somedays on the weekend i may do 2x.