Motivation to lose for my wedding day

Options
Here we go, 6 months until my wedding with 5 extra kg that don't want to leave me, and a need of tone up for my legs. I don't eat so much, I get full very fast, I don't eat a lot of junk but I don't have the most healthy eating and exercising habit. I had lost 8kg in the past 2 years and I am now 63kg for 1m63, when I really want to reach 58, and going below 60 didn't happen in 12 years. I know I really need your support for motivating me, so I hope some of you can come along my journey and help me in getting a better lifestyle and yes, be how I really want to be on my wedding day! <3 I am starting tomorrow, motivation would be so helpful

Replies

• _Emily85
    _Emily85 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel I'm trying to lose some weight before mine as well
  • suzannemedia
    suzannemedia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    _Emily85 wrote: »
    I understand how you feel I'm trying to lose some weight before mine as well

Awesome! What is your goal to lose and when us the wedding??? And more important what are you doing to lose? I need some advice ;)
  • _Emily85
    _Emily85 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My fiancé has me doing the paleo diet with him and with that it fell off fast the first two or three weeks with knocking out bread, cokes and all that but we are looking at mid September
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    You are already at a healthy weight so losing the remaining weigh should be slow. 0.25-.5 pounds/week (or the equivalent in kg) would be reasonable. Start a progressive lifting program to help improve muscle "tone".
  • LivinglegacySA
    LivinglegacySA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Keep strong lots of water. Lots of cardio. No fruit before bedtime and protein for breakfast will help you stay full longer. No salt, no sugar. Lots of fresh veg that are low in calories and high in fiber.

I am great at loosing weight but can. Never keep it off.

We are here to help just drop a line when you are feeling tempted.

You are going to look and feel amazing. Your struggle and hard work will be worth it in the end.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Keep strong lots of water. Lots of cardio. No fruit before bedtime and protein for breakfast will help you stay full longer. No salt, no sugar. Lots of fresh veg that are low in calories and high in fiber.

I am great at loosing weight but can. Never keep it off.

We are here to help just drop a line when you are feeling tempted.

You are going to look and feel amazing. Your struggle and hard work will be worth it in the end.

You don't need lots of cardio to lose. Cardio is for just that - cardiovascular health. Too many women are afraid of lifting weights because they will get bulky when just the opposite will happen. You don't even have to workout to lose weight, but it does help to improve NEAT which will cause weight loss to occur.

You can eat when you want and as much as fits your calorie allotment. Weigh your food and log everything you eat and drink. No special timing of food is necessary.

Don't fear salt and sugar unless you have high blood pressure or are diabetic. Otherwise moderation is key.

Sorry but most of this is just bad advice that has been perpetuated and pushed on us for years.
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose weight for my wedding, and I've lost almost 30 pounds this year. Hoping for another 15-20 before my wedding in October. I follow a paleo diet and work out 5-6 days a week (yoga, circuit, and conditioning).
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Working out will help. It's my body shape and consistency I want to change! Plus I find it's better for me mentally - I get the buzz out of exercise rather than the low of denying myself a nightly pint of wine/plate of cheese/vat of chocolate.

Listen to @cathipa - she's right.