Starting Whole30 on Wednesday, March 1

Options
lilgrace15
lilgrace15 Posts: 25 Member
Support? Anyone else doing Whole30? This is my first round, tips?

Replies

• stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    What's whole30?
  • gillesse
    gillesse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I started this two weeks ago and plan on doing it until the end of March before I start reintroducing foods into my diet again.

I would say plan ahead. Since you will be cooking a lot, planning ahead is so important. Also learn to say "NO" to your friends and family. That is a MUST.

Whenever I crave sweet stuff, I make myself a pot of tea and eat an orange, apple, or banana.
  • lilgrace15
    lilgrace15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I planned and prep this weekend. Thank you for the tip about saying no to family and friends. I live with a big family and sometimes refusing what they cook can be taken personally so I'm really trying to stay strong this 30 days!
  • RustyDogma
    RustyDogma Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Be careful to watch your electrolytes. A lot of folks end up really tired and run down because they aren't getting as much salt since there is so much in processed food: http://itstartswith30.com/3-common-whole30-symptoms-treatments/ I make bone broth in my slow/pressure cooker and drink it throughout.. really helps in those first couple weeks.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    What's whole30?

An extreme elimination diet. It didn't start out as a weight loss plan. It's for people with food sensitivity/allergy issues that they need to resolve. People end up losing weight because it's so very restrictive.

No "diets" for me, no medical issues either. I want to lose weight AND keep if off (this time). All foods in moderation for me.
  • angavai
    angavai Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Add me in
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 59 or whole 200. This is my 3rd round. We also have a group on mfp for whole 30 as well. I do not log my food as that isn't what whole 30 is about but I am on here every day. It is by far my favorite program. This program isn't about losing weight, its about resetting your body to find those trigger foods that either 1) make your body do crazy things 2) make you seek comfort in it. It allows your body to start using nutrition the way it is supposed to be. It also allows you to have a better relationship with food. The weight loss is a side effect of the healthy eating as is the weight loss from any other healthy eating program. Add me if you want a pal.