i need help :(

Options
okay so today, i did great for breakfast and lunch!
then i went to the gym!

and when i got home i ate sooo bad--we're talkin, ALOT of tostito chips, a bowl of cerial, some pasta, chicken breast, couple bites of other things and then about 7 oreos

im over my calorie count and i worked so hard today :'(
i need help i feel like this happens ALL THE TIME.

:/

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Bummer! My wife has this same issue after a workout before dinner. If she works out she gets really hungry for dinner and ends up wanting to grab for everything in the fridge and cupboards before we can get a healthy meal made. She has learned to not workout on an empty stomach so that she doesn't end up starving hungry an hour or so afterwards. Try a pre-workout snack full of protein, this will help the after workout cravings. Also, plan your dinners ahead of time so you know what you are going to fix and eat so that you aren't grabbing and snacking on a bunch of different things.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Try kashi bars maybe before or after or both.....they have a bit of fiber so they will help with the hungries. Good luck
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    How many times are you working out a week?

Try eating a small snack rich in carbohydrates about an hour before your workout sessions. Then and within 30 minutes of finishing your workout eat a protein bar or drink a protein shake. That will help you feel full.

Hope it helps.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal set to? How many pounds a week are you trying to lose? If you eat more before you workout then grab something high protein after you might be less likely to go on a snack rampage.
  • beechamolivia
    Options
    Taking a shower as soon as I am done helps me get out of "work out"mode, then I try and occupy my time with something, putting in a load of laundry, doing my bills, call my mom and talk on the phone....or if I have to have something I think milk fills me up so much...Smart Balance is yummy
  • beechamolivia
    Options
    Taking a shower as soon as I am done helps me get out of "work out"mode, then I try and occupy my time with something, putting in a load of laundry, doing my bills, call my mom and talk on the phone....or if I have to have something I think milk fills me up so much...Smart Balance is yummy
  • glbragg
    glbragg Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    All of those ideas are great but its not always as simple as that. A couple of tricks I do are I first of all try not to keep anything that is a weakness in my house. Like chips or cookies, instead I replace them with low calorie ice cream snacks like Skinny Cow products or Popsicle Jolly Rancher Bars. I still get my sweet tooth fix if I really need it without blowing my calories. Just know your weaknesses and try to minimize the chances of getting your hands on it.
  • WestCoastRed
    WestCoastRed Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I totally get that. My first week here was a disaster. I stopped entering my food intake because I couldn't keep track. My husband didn't help by buying Mac & Cheese in bulk.

Picture someone throwing you a beach ball and you drop it. What should you do? Pick it up again. It's the same. No matter how many times you drop the ball - pick it up and carry on. Eventually you'll have more successes and hold onto it a lot longer. Things only get worse when we beat ourselves up.

Cheers.
  • Ebharuadh
    Ebharuadh Posts: 5
    Options
    27strange is right on the money. Your body is in a deficit and is craving the simple carbs as an "insta energy boost". Try eating a small but protein filled snack before working out. Another thing I found helps me is to keep a protein Shake handy and if I am falling out after a hard work out I drink it on the way home with a bottle of water & within 30 minutes or so I am fine - No maniacal raids on the pantry :wink: EAS makes a pretty good ready made shake I use occasionally but I really like the Optimum Nutrition Nitro Core 24. It has 10 sources of protein in a sustained release formulary for fast, intermediate & slow realease as well as 5 grams of fiber.
    Good luck & remember tomorrow is a new day & new start.
  • becalm
    becalm Posts: 31
    Options
    My workout schedules vary. I want to work out everyday!

And my calorie count is set to 1200,
    i want to lose 10 lbs as fast as possible, so 2 lbs a week-ish.

thanks everyone for the support! <3
  • ttlavoie
    ttlavoie Posts: 7
    Options
    I have the exact same problem and I live with other people that seem to not be able to live without all the junk crap so what I do is have gum everywere specialy in the kitchen that way if im craving that cookie or the bag of chips I stick a peice of gum in my mouth and it seriously works. Always remember tomorow is a new day :)
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, the last 10-15 pounds are typically the hardest to lose and the slowest to come off. I would recommend setting your weekly goal to 0.5 or 1.0 lbs per week, rather than the 2 lbs per week. As counter-intuitive as it seems, sometimes the body needs a few *more* calories in order to start (or continue) shedding the pounds. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options

Boo, You don't LOOK like you need to lose 10 pounds! Maybe tone up if that's what you're talking about....