Long road ahead

Options
Today I am officially starting I have watched myself pack on the weight. Being a mom of 3 and caring for a niece and nephew full time is no longer an excuse. This is the one thing I can do for me that ultimately benefits everyone else as well. I don't want to over do it so I'm planning on starting with just watching what I eat and learning how to better that. Then once I feel I have that under control become more active with a more set work out schedule. I have about 100lbs to loose total but starting of with smaller goals. Would love to build a support system to help each other stay motivated on good and bad days.

Replies

• MissHempy
    MissHempy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good luck and I know you will do well... because you have already committed to change without putting too much stress on yourself. If you need a friend on here, feel free to add me as your FitnessPal.
  • lynnskaggs
    lynnskaggs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya....I have 4 boys (14, 14, 8, 7). I started with 90 to lose (100 would be nice but I think 90 is my real goal right now) I'm down 40 of it, 50 to go...I started out with just diet and recently added in working out....we got a Y membership and love it! we take the little boys to swim lessons (the 8 year old is new to us so we're starting with basics and the 7 year old has fun so he goes along), I work out while they're in class, Thursday nights husband is home so I go to the Y after work, then we all go on Saturday and Sunday....we got the whole family involved. what I didn't realize starting out (and wish I knew then) was lifting weights will help you lose weight....anyway feel free to add me