Question for the ladies! (time of the month/eating habits)

Options
Do any of you ladies have different eating habits around your time of the month? Right before i'm about to start I'm SUPER hungry (normally about 3 days before) and I want to eat everything in sight. As soon as I start (the first few days), I have little to no interest in food.
I was just curious if anyone out there has funky eating trends around your period?

Replies

• MaureenCreates
    MaureenCreates Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ohhh yeah, I have a majorly hard time not stuffing my face right before my time of the month.
    I crave all kinds of sweet thing. Damn. :(
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Pre-menstrual right now. I'm going nuts! I suddenly have a one-track mind, and it is all about the food. Sugary / salty food. I came in today with just one calorie to spare. Thank goodness for sugarless gum!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have horrible and disgusting food cravings. Chocolate, rare steak. It's just gross. I could live off of nothing but meat and chocolate the week before. My cycle only lasts a couple of days, so usually when I start the cravings start to go away, and I am extremely fatigued. So I go from eating an entire cow, to sleeping and doing nothing. Yeah, its creepy.
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    Yep. I'm trying SO hard not to indulge. The week before I am STARVING. Now it's the week of, and I'm barely hungry at all.
  • bjajdtk
    bjajdtk Posts: 25
    Options
    Warning, I am not a dr nor a medical profession, so check with yours. But I have had a huge amount of luck taking grapefruit seed extract to lesson pms symptoms including binge eating and sugar/sweet cravings.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    YESS, these past 2 days Ive wanted to eat a Big Mac and just everything else lol...but afterwards food is just blah. It sucks though cause its hard to control sometimes :explode:
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    I am the same way as you OP.
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    Wow, me too. Starving few days before then real no appetite the first couple days. I also carve chocolate.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    OMG! I go crazy the week before! I crave all the fatning foods like fast food, frenchfries, and pizza the week before! I try really hard to resist the urge, but usually give in at least once or twice that week! Then the week of I am back to normal other than my reese's pb cup I crave the first day! Stupid hormones!
  • Missashley9
    Options
    I get the craving for sweet and salty around that time also. This seems to happen to a lot of us. Must just be nature. I like the little individual sized microwave popcorns to help satisfy the salty. And I LOVE sherbet. Kroger's Deluxe rainbow sherbet is damn good for what it is. As for chocolate..... that's rough. I love milk chocolate but know it's loaded with cals and fat. Perhaps trying a few pieces of super dark chocolate? I am working on this issue myself! Found this interesting little article: http://www.hellolife.net/pms-pmdd/b/why-do-i-have-cravings-during-pms/
  • RoseCoreling
    RoseCoreling Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm not alone! lol-Ya, I could eat just about anything right now...all the animals/people in my house need to hide.. :tongue:
  • RoseCoreling
    RoseCoreling Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I get the craving for sweet and salty around that time also. This seems to happen to a lot of us. Must just be nature. I like the little individual sized microwave popcorns to help satisfy the salty. And I LOVE sherbet. Kroger's Deluxe rainbow sherbet is damn good for what it is. As for chocolate..... that's rough. I love milk chocolate but know it's loaded with cals and fat. Perhaps trying a few pieces of super dark chocolate? I am working on this issue myself! Found this interesting little article: http://www.hellolife.net/pms-pmdd/b/why-do-i-have-cravings-during-pms/
    Interesting...thanks!
  • berchen82
    berchen82 Posts: 59
    Options
    In this time of the month (about 3 days long) I'm so hungry for chocolate or other sweets, it's crazy.
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    try Kellogg's Special K Chocolatey Pretzel Bars...90 calories and with out them I'd be lost. I'm down 40 pounds so I know they are working 35 more to go!!!! Ladies you'll love them!!!!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm actually hungrier during my time of the month, not so much before. The sugar free chocolate puddings help a lot for 80 calories, and those new Skinny Cow peanut butter chocolate bars REALLY help for 110 calories!

9363758.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods