College aged females (18-24!)

Options
I want to reach out to other college aged girls who are in need of support and motivation!

I'm 21 and will be graduating this summer (finally!) but I am having the hardest time maintaining motivation and losing any bit of weight. Its been one step forward, one step back for months now! Looking to lose about 20 pounds.

Share your stats! I'd like to make a groupme chat for better access on the go (:

Replies

• jenae326
    jenae326 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! 22 here and planning on graduating in a little over a year! Looking to get in shape and lose ~20 pounds as well!
  • Marichosa
    Marichosa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 18 and in my first year of college-- but, a combination of the freshman 15 and the weight gain that accompanies my seasonal affective disorder has me JACKED UP. I'm trying to lose about 30 pounds to start, without slipping back into disordered eating tendencies
  • Taryan23
    Taryan23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, 19 this is my 2nd yr in college .. and I know how hard it can be to continue eating right and even getting to the point where your so busy you pick anything up to eat ... But just try to meal up when your non busy studying TRUST ME it will help you a lot.. I know me personally I'm too busy to work out so one think I do have control over is what I put in my mouth.. Hope this helps you!!
  • bmbabe
    bmbabe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey! Thanks for responding. It's definitely a good idea to keep yourself as positive as possible while trying to lose the weight! I've struggled with wanting to go down a disordered path but I just tell myself it will be more beneficial and last longer to do it healthy! And yes, meal prep is essential! I plan all my meals for two weeks at a time so I know what I'm having each night and buy the right groceries. It's a lot easier to reach for something unhealthy when you have no plans or no ingredients in the house ;)
  • kponeill739
    kponeill739 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, but thinking of heading back to grad school. I would love a supportive groupme! I struggle with staying motivated- heck, right now I'm even putting off the gym when I know I shouldn't. I'm currently 180, at five feet eight inches, but I know due to how it's distributed that you wouldn't think I'm that heavy. I don't have a goal weight really- just eat less junk, start yoga and running, and make healthy living a lifestyle and not a phase like I have been. :)
  • descene
    descene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, applying to get into a human services program right now (and we'll know the news any day now). I actually lost a lot of weight when I moved out of my parents initially; it was good for me because I had full control over my environment. But I got severely depressed and my academic performance suffered and I regained the weight plus more. I have a lot to lose but it's been my most successful attempt so far (24lbs down) so I'm optimistic :)
  • bmbabe
    bmbabe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think I sent a message to everyone already, but if you stop by and would like to join the groupme, shoot me a message and I'll send the link