can't let my 30's slip by

Options
I look back at my high school and early 20's and I wish I was that weight now. Coming from a family with hereditary heart disease has opened up my eyes to finally decide to make a change, so here i am and i am going to give it my all! Please feel free to add me as a friend...I need encourgament. thx

Replies

• jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    welcome! I just turned 32 and have decided to finally get into shape; I have always been naturally small so exercise wasn't that important to me...4 or 5 years on depo provera and a baby later it is becoming very important...I would love to wear my pre-baby clothes again someday! Sent a friend invite!
  • bkw2488
    bkw2488 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am in the same place.... I spent my whole 20's pregnant ( I have six kids ) and am so ready to have my body to myself. Great site for encouragement!
  • calidale
    calidale Posts: 7
    Options
    I totally know what you mean! I am 34 and I am ready to gain control of this part of my life! I joined fitness pal today and I am amazed at all the tools on here and excited about getting started! Feel free to friend me if you want :)
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Speaking for someone who is in her 40's who DID let her 30's slip by, it's great that you are ready to get back in to shape now! It took me one year and six months to get rid of the extra weight. Looking back at that time now, that is something I could have easily done in my 30's. I should have done something about it then, but I didn't. I'm glad I did it now though before my 40's slipped by too! Congrats for finding the strength to get going on it. You can do this!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 as well, and I joined because I am tired of being out of shape. Plus, I want to start having a family in a couple more years. So I want to be as healthy as possible for that.
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    welcome!! heart issues run in my family too - so I hear ya! we are all here for you! Good luck with your journey!!!
  • catherinerimbach
    Options
    off to a good start, thanks for the words of encouragement! I am so happy to join and i wish all of us the best!