Over 60 needing help and friends

Options
Hi I'm 61 and would love to lose anything but need 50 more lbs to come off. I have been doing this for over two years. I am about 35 lbs down from my high weight. It came off very slow and I also do a lot of walking. Oct of 2015 fell and broke left ankle and right elbow so of corse gained some back. Last summer I took off all the weight that I had gained plus a few pounds more but have not been able to lose any more since the fall. I need some friends and some help. I eat pretty and try counting calories and I walk quite a bit. Please help to get this weight off me

Replies

• Cocochick
    Cocochick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 50 and have about ten more pounds to lose (I've lost 25 since October). Feel free to add me. I'll motivate you as much as I can. :smiley:
  • colonagirl
    colonagirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your weight loss. Recovering from an injury is trying I'm sure, but sounds like your back on track. I recently got back to MFP after my all time high weight brought me to tears. I went to see the nutrition nurse at my Drs. office and she suggested counting carbs, my chiro has been telling me that for 2 years. I've been at it for 2 weeks and it's not going too bad. I'm not far off your age at 55, everything I seemed to eat went to fat. I'm learning that most carbs aren't my friend.
  • Sherrys518
    Sherrys518 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on the right track... and at the right place... I have much more to lose than 50, but I'm here to be your partner in the journey to healthy living. Feel free to add me
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    69 here and been on MFP for over three years. Age is no barrier but it is a slower
    Loss and we have to stick with it. Good luck
  • 01debigail10
    01debigail10 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I don't know how to add friends. Any help would be appreciated. Happy Saturday. 40 minute walk today in the cold but the sun shining. From Flintstone Maryland
  • abdulsaif
    abdulsaif Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well done for your high spirit!! Wish you all the best in your journy :)

I sent you friend request feel free to accept it