Skin problems? Help!

Options
Hello, I am getting back into shape again and as my body starts to tone up, I know that there will still be a topic of insecurity: my skin! I have acne, stretch marks, dark spots (under arms and between legs), and cellulite. I want to be proud of my body when I reach my goals and I know that part of that includes improving the quality of my skin. Does anyone have any advice on how to conclude any of these issues? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the steps towards better health! As far as your question, all I've got is the much-aligned "be patient". Healing your body from the inside out is a process and it will take a while to reflect that in the condition of your skin. But focus on nutrients and being active and staying hydrated and after some time you'll notice improvements.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    vitamin E cream can help on the stretch marks. Other than than hydration and patience as above
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Others something called bio oil which a lot of people swear by for scars, plus plenty of veggies helps with skin
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Exfoliate. Start now. Don't stop. 1-3 years down the road you'll thank me. I'm a guy but used to have a huge belly stretch marks and all. I started exfoliating with natural sponges daily when I started my diet back in 2015. The stretch marks are so light now you have to look for them to find them. As far as the other skin issues, talk to your doctor about vitamin deficiencies. You may need extra Zinc, or other vitamins for your skin health. Consider talking to a Dermatologist.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil. And exfoliate!
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'd see a dermatologist for all of those issues. Cellulite may be less visible after losing weight but it probably won't go away entirely, I'm sorry to say. It's pretty much a fact of life for many of us. (Even models, as a PP pointed out.)