Not eating enough??

Options
I have not seen any progress on the scale or in my measurements. I have consistently been working out at gym since January 2mos.. Taking classes like body pump 2 days a week. Muscle tone 2 days a week. Cardio on elliptical and row machine at least 20 mins 3 x week...Fit bit says I should burn 2000 calories a day....I can't get that in healthy food. Help

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    What's your daily calorie goal and how are you measuring your food intake?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    How do you come up with "Not eating enough" when you aren't losing weight? If you are burning 2000 calories a day and you aren't losing weight then it seems that you are eating that much in healthy food.

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    "You can't outrun a bad diet." This goes well with many things, not just junk food talk. Even if only slightly, overeating will add up over time, even if just 100 calories/day, even if exercising [eating the 100 over what you exercised off].

Are you calorie counting?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Naezer wrote: »
    I have not seen any progress on the scale or in my measurements. I have consistently been working out at gym since January 2mos.. Taking classes like body pump 2 days a week. Muscle tone 2 days a week. Cardio on elliptical and row machine at least 20 mins 3 x week...Fit bit says I should burn 2000 calories a day....I can't get that in healthy food. Help

2000 cal/day seems really high for that amount of exercise + what you burn normally just existing.

I do about 90 min of exercise a day and usually come in around 1500-1700 cal.

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    So on any given day it's 20min cardio plus an hour's class? Have I got that right?
  • Naezer
    Naezer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I track my food MFP And sync with my Fitbit. For example MFP suggests I eat 1200 Cal per day due to my settings. My Fitbit estimates 1700 calories today. I understand that anything over a 500 calorie deficit will put my body in starvation mode. . I am not sure if that's true. Either way. I have not seen any change in pounds or inches. I do feel more muscle though. Can someone dummy this down for me? Thanks
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I track my food MFP And sync with my Fitbit. For example MFP suggests I eat 1200 Cal per day due to my settings. My Fitbit estimates 1700 calories today. I understand that anything over a 500 calorie deficit will put my body in starvation mode. . I am not sure if that's true. Either way. I have not seen any change in pounds or inches. I do feel more muscle though. Can someone dummy this down for me? Thanks

Well, you can throw that one out. Completely. It's nonsense.

What's your height/weight, and what is your goal?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options

The only time you'll truly go into starvation mode is if you are skin and bones and starving. This is a rather good article that was passed on yesterday in the forums that I well recommend reading, if anything for the information. - You’re Not losing Fat Because You’re Eating Too Damn Much. Even When You Don’t Think You Are. Let Me Show You.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I understand that anything over a 500 calorie deficit will put my body in starvation mode. . I am not sure if that's true.

Rest assured, this is NOT true.

• Naezer
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses

Well, you can throw that one out. Completely. It's nonsense.

What's your height/weight, and what is your goal?

I am 5 8. Currently 160lbs. I want to be 145lbs.
  • Naezer
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You're eating more than you think. You need to drop your calories further.