in need of opinions. please help!!

Options
Ok so next month is my sister in laws wedding shower and i signed up to do desserts. Which leads me here for opinions. So i decided i am gonna do mini cheesecakes with different fruit toppings, choco covered strawberries and the thought of an ice cream bar popped in my head. And thats what i need opinons on. It will be set up kinda like cold stone with different toppings and cone choices(cones,bowls ect...) the party will be in august so i want desserts that are gonna be cool and refreshing. So with that PLEASEE give me your opinions? Is it fun or tacky??

Replies

• laurad8911
    laurad8911 Posts: 99
    Options
    sorbet....lighter, different, "classier"....cant really do toppings though...well maybe fruit toppings
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    it depends, am I invited? fun! if not, tacky (j/k, sounds nice)
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    sorbet....lighter, different, "classier"....cant really do toppings though...well maybe fruit toppings

I do a lemon sorbet with fresh raspberries or a fresh raspberry sauce. Very yummy and delicious for summer!
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Perfect for the hot days of summer.
  • CronoCX
    CronoCX Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Frozen yogurt is great way to go less calories and taste great!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    you could do an ice cream bar! set up a couple tubs of flavors & then a bunch of toppings! my friend's wedding had one & it was a big hit! ♥
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    you could do a frozen yogurt bar with different flavor yogurts and fruit toppings. It's SO yummy!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    the problem you run into with ice cream is A) it melting. B) what about someone being lactose intolerant? C) with multiple toppings if ANYONE has a food allergy its spoiled, if the peanuts touch ANYTHING else (or chocolate or other allergens) its completly tainted for someone with an allergy and they cant have it, puts a damper on the whole event. (can you tell I have a food allergy? and friends with food allergies?) The sorbet idea is healthier, Sorbet tends to stay frozen/cool longer in warm temps, and you can easily do multiple flavors. given some people have berry/fruit allergies but it is rarer
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    you could do an ice cream bar! set up a couple tubs of flavors & then a bunch of toppings! my friend's wedding had one & it was a big hit! ♥

thats exactly what i had in mind. fun for adults and kids.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Good call...!!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    You could make a bunch of fruit coulis sauces and put them in squeezy bottles... like forest fruit and cinnamon coulis, mango and passionfruit coulis, lemon and lime coulis... they are YUM :)

H
  • WWJD0214
    WWJD0214 Posts: 8
    Options
    I think the Cheesecake idea is the best option. If you are swayed toward the other Sorbert it will keep better less mess and if there will be alcohol it will blend better in the tummy in case your on the clean up crew too.
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    the ice cream bar will be fun and refreshing! just make sure you know of everyones allergies!i think it is something you can get creative with!!!
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    Finally I get to quote Donkey from Shrek:

"You know what ELSE everybody likes? Parfaits! Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no parfait"? Parfaits are delicious!...Parfait's gotta be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet! "

But seriously...my vote is for sorbet/fruit. Or shortcakes...mmmmmm....