can't seem to eat 1,200 calories?

Options
i'm a vegetarian and i eat frequently during the day but i'm always in the 1,000 calorie range. i also exercise and i always go to bed satisfied. any tips? thank you :)

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    almonds and other nuts, there is a vegan protein powder called RAW (it was only online but Sprouts has it now so I imagine whole foods does too).

If you add 50-100 extra cals to each meal you easily hit the 1200 base, excercise cals might be harder.

Im not vegetarian but am trying to minimal to no processed foods the next 4 weeks and I filled up on 800 cals of food, I need cranberry juice for a UTI which is the only reason I hit my cals
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    I have this problem sometimes too, but in that case, I will have some fruit or nuts to add on some more calories. I will sometimes even have a protein shake or smoothie.
  • ja4bs
    ja4bs Posts: 30
    Options
    When it happens to me, I get a spoonful or two of peanut butter. Quick and easy and fills the calorie gap. I'm not sure if this is the "correct" thing to do but so far, it has worked for me.
  • beedo30
    beedo30 Posts: 186
    Options
    Soy protein during the day, add a lillte olive oil in for a big bump in calories and good fat.
  • beedo30
    Options
    When it happens to me, I get a spoonful or two of peanut butter. Quick and easy and fills the calorie gap. I'm not sure if this is the "correct" thing to do but so far, it has worked for me.
    I ate my weight in peanut butter tonight! Love it soooooooo much
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

Haha as much as I lov epeanut butter mine must go on bread. Y'all would get along with my son though, you cant leave the jar out. He can now twist off lids and get into the silverwear drawer, brand new jar of peanut butter half gone in 20 min (did I mention I have to buy the large jar?)
  • lisadhancock
    lisadhancock Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm not a vegan but having the same problem. Hard to meet my calories and my protein daily. Just bought some greek yogart hoping that would help but I don't really care for it... sigh
  • beedo30
    Options

Haha as much as I lov epeanut butter mine must go on bread. Y'all would get along with my son though, you cant leave the jar out. He can now twist off lids and get into the silverwear drawer, brand new jar of peanut butter half gone in 20 min (did I mention I have to buy the large jar?)
    Sorry for off topic, but wallmart has a 6lb TUB for $9.00, I buy it for all the guys to munch on at work but seem to eat my fair share!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i'm a vegetarian too...
    first off..are you trying to lose weight? if so, and you say you feel fine and energized, there is no reason to force feed yourself. the only reason you'd need to eat more is give you room to lower after a few months. since our bodies adapt quickly and is how we stall in weight loss/muscle gain.

if you feel you need to eat more, try adding some small snacks througout the day..like almonds or other nuts, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, avocados somehow. they are by volume high in calories and full of nutrients.