Gina's Skinny Recipes

Options
I found this site back in Jan or Feb when I started on WW's. I think it is an awsome site with some awsome low calorie recipes. I have tried a few of her recipes & have loved them. One of my absolute favoite recipes from her is the Oven Fried Chicken. Evenmy DH is a HUGE fan. Plus a friend of ours tried it tonight & he really liked it. He was shocked to find out it was low calorie b/c it was SO good, so crispy & tasted so good. :)

Has anyone else used her website before? Also have you found any recipes that are just amazing? Here is the link to her site:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/

I am wanting to try the Asian Glazed Chicken she has, but have not yet. Maybe one day next week. :)

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I just started using it. I can't wait to make some of the recipes. They look so good!!!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love to cook and I absolutely love this site. Her recipes are amazing :-)
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    I love this site.... haven't been able to buy a lot of ingredients yet but I downloaded a lot of recipes to keep in a folder....
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but I am going to check it out. Thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    OMG! I've never seen that site but my mouth is watering now!!

Give me a couple that you love for me to try after the crispy chicken.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have made a bunch of her recipes.
    Crockpot santa fe chicken is amazing if you like mexican.

slow cooked sweet barbacoa pork is yummy.

Strawberry swirl cheesecake is excellent!!!!

Cilanto lime rice

The turkey stuffed peppers are good, although i used extra lean 95/5 ground beef
  • angelstar2424
    Options
    I LOVE her site! The dark chocolate chip oatmeal cookies rock! The skinny italian meat balls, cuban black beans, pork carnitas, loaded baked potato soup, etc etc etc!!! YUM.
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    Someone else had posted the Zesty Lime Avocado and Shrimp Salad recently - I have made it twice now and it is WONDERFUL! I took it for a family picnic, and it was loved by all. I tweaked the ingredients a little, played with the amount of lime juice, onion and cilantro. I also used cherry tomatoes and quartered them, and bought the salad size shrimp - the little ones I didn't cut, the bigger ones I did. Just making it simpler. It is fantastic - filling - and low cal. Tonight we had it on a bed of lettuce, in a tortilla would be yummy too!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yes! LOVE her recipes! Our fave is the Sante Fe Chicken. Easy to make in slow cooker. We've made it over & over. Leftovers are so good too - if you have any !:love:
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I've already found some recipies that look fabulous. I was getting bored with cooking. Think you've helped me find a way to keep meals interesting.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jasmine_Moonstone
    Jasmine_Moonstone Posts: 80 Member
    Options

:) Yes, my mouth waters every single time I go to her site. I have only tried a couple of her recipes, but every one I have tried has been really good. I am planning to try the Asian Glazed Drumsticks this next week.

I have tried & liked:
    Tuna Noodle Cassarole
    Oven Fried Chicken
    Chicken Divan-lightened up
    a bbq recipe, can not remember the name

Hmmm...can not remember any other right now.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    The Santa Fe Chicken is on my list.

I've gone crazy bookmarking things. DH and I decided to try at least one new recipe a week from her now :D We needed something "new" around here :D
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    Options

:) Yes, my mouth waters every single time I go to her site. I have only tried a couple of her recipes, but every one I have tried has been really good. I am planning to try the Asian Glazed Drumsticks this next week.

I have tried & liked:
    Tuna Noodle Cassarole
    Oven Fried Chicken
    Chicken Divan-lightened up
    a bbq recipe, can not remember the name

Hmmm...can not remember any other right now.

The ssian drumsticks are to DIE for!!! Yummmmm...
    I have tried the 3 bean chili, the zucchini turkey burgers and the Swedish meatballs. I have to say everything so far has been amazing!!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I think I'm in LOVE with this site!! Thanks for sharing it! I had not heard of it till this morning when I came across your post! Yay! Looks like great healthy meals for the whole family! Yay!
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    WOW can't wait to try some of these things thanks for sharing :o)
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    LOVE that site. The zucchini fries are awesome, as is her recipe for avocado-mango salsa.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Her recipes are amazing! I love her cajun shrimp (made that a few times and it's delish) and a lot of her pasta ideas are fab. Also the mayoless tuna salad one is SO tasty. My only beef with the recipes is the constant use of olive oil, multiple tablespoons worth. You add in 240 calories just for 2 tablespoons! I usually skip it in the recipe and subtract it from her calorie total for the entire meal (the serving sizes are a bit off sometimes too)
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!