Weight loss the aftermath....

Options
I'll try keep this short :| I lost both my parents within 18mths of each other of cancer I spent 2yrs in and out of wards it took its toll on me all I did was binge eat but had no major health issues as I was always slim and healthy before hand , by Nov 2015 I was 23st 9lbs I knew I was big but actually seeing the picture of myself made me sick and ashamed I knew then I'd start healthy eating after the Xmas. 5th Nov my life changed forever I was raped and cause I went into such shock my body reacted big time since then I've not put weight on I've now developed ibs and celic disease from when I was little ; I'm always in pain with what I try and eat I have lost 11st 3lbs not way I wanted and now I'm a size 10-12 happiness I had at size 24 has completely gone so getting to that dream Dress size isn't all that ..... sorry it's morbid just wanted to share my story x

Replies

• ALG775
    ALG775 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for both the loss of both your parents and that you were raped.
  • mswag84
    mswag84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    First off sorry to hear that story
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    Are you going through counseling to help you work through a lot of that? Those are very dramatic changes in so many ways that having someone to help you work through it, even the rapid weight loss, is a good idea. Health is an overall thing and I hope your mental health continues to improve.
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Usmcmp. Well said.

you have been through a hell of a lot. Please do talk to someone. I am so sorry for what you have endured. I am sure you will find your happiness but it may take some support in working through this massive amount of stress and sadness you have endured in order to reach it. Bless you xx
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I would go through counseling. I was in an abusive relationship for 4 years and I didn't realize how much I was using food as a distraction from dealing with my issues. Once I took that out of the equation I struggled a lot and I've been in counseling since the end of 2016. I go every two weeks and it is helping a lot.
  • Landofkim
    Landofkim Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You are brave and truthful. Your parents still want the best for you. Stay strong and committed . The best is yet to come, You are a survivor.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!