umm

Options
I need some more supporters MPF'ers. I only have a few..... :)

I'm 24.
I'm obese.
I work with a personal trainer.
I love chicken wings.
I'm a grad student.
I work a ridiculous shift, 5pm-3am.

Oh, and right now I'm kind of freaking out. I've went to an all natural and organic (no processed foods) lifestyle change. I've lost 4ish lbs in 2 weeks. I feel with my weight and age, I should have lost more within the first 2 weeks. I know I know, everyone is different. BUT I print off my MFP diaries when I meet with my personal trainer to show her, and she said I need to up my carbs and decrease my sugar intake to 10g or less (from 50-60). Hopefully this helps along with my exercise plan. I already feel the frustration of the number on the scale not going down next Wednesday. But here goes nothing.

Replies

• monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Scales are just evil. Every week when I've had a healthy week with working out.I stare at my scale with amazement and it hasn't moved a inch. I even measure to double check and nada. It really makes one angry
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    you can add me if you'd like
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Yuo can do this// feel free to add me for support :)
  • annalaura78
    Options
    What you didn't mention is that you obviously have a keen sense of humor...I too only have 5 or so friends....if you want I would be your friend?
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Taking it off slowly is the best way. 2lbs per week is great, it will take a while, but it took years to get where you are. Fast weight loss is seldom long term, so I say you are doing GREAT.

The MOST important thing is to exercise... walk everywhere you can. Avoid elevators, park at the far end of the lot, walk walk walk. If you don't like a particular exercise, then do ones you do like. It should be enjoyable for LONG TERM success.

Good Luck!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Id love for you to add me! :)
  • Playvet
    Playvet Posts: 6
    Options
    You are right when you said everyone is different. And you are doing an awesome job, might I add. 2 lbs. per week is a healthy weight loss and you also have to remember that women have a harder time keeping off the weight they've lost due to horomones and all that. But keep up the great work!!!!!! It'll be done before you know it:)
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    4lbs in 2 weeks is good. I know how the late night schedule can throw things out of whack especially when you are looking for a healthy routine.

Cutting sugar is a great start. Upping the carbs I don't know if I necessarily agree with (then again I'm not a trainer).

Any way, feel free to add me if you need some support. We could all use a little more I think.

Great job on taking the first steps to being healthy.
  • britterbrittney
    britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I should have known...but yes, I know 2lbs is a healthy rate. I just uhh wanted more? :) I just need to tell myself slow is good...:tongue:

@arronlock...I wasn't eating enough carbs MFP goal is like 250 or something...and Im hardly hitting 75 on some days....so she wants me to have 150. But, she does want me to have those 150 carbs before 2pm...which my 2pm is like 10-11pm because of my schedule.
  • salleem
    salleem Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I was 25 I lost almost 100 lbs. I did it the hard way, 2 lbs a week for a long time. TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!! Now I'm 32 I have a healthy weight that I have maintained since then (I have 10 vanity lbs that I want to lose after having a baby).

What you are doing is hard and will take a long time but it is SO WORTH IT!

I can tell you that every day if you need it.
  • britterbrittney
    britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    When I was 25 I lost almost 100 lbs. I did it the hard way, 2 lbs a week for a long time. TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!! Now I'm 32 I have a healthy weight that I have maintained since then (I have 10 vanity lbs that I want to lose after having a baby).

What you are doing is hard and will take a long time but it is SO WORTH IT!

I can tell you that every day if you need it.

Literally brought tears to my eyes. Thanks!
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    Just remember, those who lose weight fast, regain weight fast.... and conversely, those who lose weight slow, gain it back slow. Take your pick. If you really want to do this and have it "stick", slow is the way to go. I'm assuming that you're running out of energy in your workouts and that's why your trainer suggests upping your carbs. I know what shiftwork can do to a person... it's extra EXTRA challenging. But I have faith you can do this, if only you can find the patience.
  • bean177
    bean177 Posts: 75
    Options
    Scales are just evil. Every week when I've had a healthy week with working out.I stare at my scale with amazement and it hasn't moved a inch. I even measure to double check and nada. It really makes one angry

I learned something on this site recently called NSV's - Non Scale Victories - how cool is that????
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    i love non scale victories. They do a bit of happiness sometimes. this one is funny. but at work, when I peel potatoes I sit on the counter. And some people just do a little hop and use there arm power and there up. I cant do that. I had to pull the bottom drawer out and use it as a stepping stool. but Now I can do the little hop thing and get up there almost gracefully. Or i guess another one is that I can paint my toe nails without a struggle.?