Almost 1200 calorie deficit, but 11:00pm at night!

Options
I'm new, but hope it's ok to post here asking for advice. Today started off very well, but somewhere after lunch and before my snack I began to feel not so well. Likely a combination of too much sun and too much heat. Lesson learned :(

Due to my not feeling well, I didn't have snack or supper as the thought of either did awful things to me. I was doing ok because today was my rest day from working out, but I had baseball tonight. I shouldn't have gone, but am always concerned that I will be the one to leave them short and they will have to forfeit.

I just got home, punched my baseball into my exercise and now I'm down almost 1200 calories. I am really learning and trying to absorb everything I can about eating right, exercise, eating back calories, etc. So my question is, with it being so late (and really not looking forward to the thought of eating), and having to get up so early for my normal workout, what do I do? Do I eat something and if so what type of food should I eat?

Is it ok to have a horrible day like this and get back on track tomorrow. I don't want to put my body in starvation mode or anything. I started watching what I ate and working out 5 weeks ago and am down almost 14lbs, and have so much more energy. I just found out about MFP on Monday :) I guess I'm just scared of messing everything up.

Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I netted between 4-500 calories today, that's not great. BUT I'm not worrying about it. I'll eat more tomorrow. A day won't kill you.

In my own opinion, with all the backing of 22 years of eating food and my 3/4 of an English degree. AKA, I'm not a nutritionist and I don't know jack.
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It happens sometimes, as I know you can't cram 1200 calories down right now without wanting to throw it up, I would have a good snack, like a PB sandwich, good high calories. Then just start again tomorrow. You won't go into starvation mode from one day. Congrats on the 14lbs!!
  • laurad8911
    laurad8911 Posts: 99
    Options
    You won't go into starvation mode from one day...it takes days or weeks of continual under-eating. I would say have a healthy snack now if you can, nothing big but something so that you're body is not completely running on empty. Dont worry about trying to make up all 1200 calories now, chances are that would just make you feel more gross and sick.
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    One day will not put your body in starvation mode. If you don't feel like eating, don't force yourself as you may prolong your current symptoms. I'd be sure to eat a protein filled breakfast, if at all possible (that's what works for my body). Good luck on your journey here and WELCOME! :-) Hope you're feeling better in the morning!
  • SydandPaigesMom
    SydandPaigesMom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! There is so much to learn about taking care of yourself...I guess when you're just starting out it can be really overwhelming. lol when I'm finally doing it right the last thing I want to happen is to screw it all up!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    its ok..dont worry about it. its not detrimental if you have one off day.

there are days when when i dont feel like eating anything, and there are days I eat everything in sight. i wouldnt over eat tomorrow there is no sense in it..unless you want to!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    One day won't kill you! Just like if you go over one day, it isn't going to wreck your weightloss. Just listen to your body tomorrow and if it wants a few more calories than your limit, eat them! :smile: