Supportive Friends Please

Options
Hi everyone. I'm back again. I keep giving intuitive eating a chance and every time I do, I gain weight. I'm giving this one last shot. I almost died from pulmonary emboli in January and honestly, I don't want to die. I want to get healthy and be here for my daughter. I'm looking for friends so that we can support each other. I want to learn to eat intuitively, but I need limitations because I'm a huge emotional and binge eater.

Replies

• Kemp857
    Kemp857 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear you've had a rough time in jan. hope your ok now.
    i've just added you!
  • twobuttonsandabow
    twobuttonsandabow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm here with you! Will add you as a friend! I need all the support and motivation I can get! You can do this!!
  • clyn90
    clyn90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • tbullucks2006
    tbullucks2006 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy to be your friend! Add me!
  • aoibhs22
    aoibhs22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Add away x
  • DENAYANTHONY
    DENAYANTHONY Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me,
  • rosepeppercreek
    rosepeppercreek Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Feel free to add. <3
  • jajr83
    jajr83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just added you there too. I'm starting again after many years trying. For me it boils down to depression and anxiety and allowing negative people into my life.
    Fresh start and putting myself first now so I can be a fabulous skinny mammy to my wonderful son. I want to be able to run around with him and to feel great walking down the road and to finally lose the sense of been insecure. Let myself down long enough so gona pick myself back up and try my hardest to be positive and determined
  • missrain77
    missrain77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will send requests to everyone.
  • kplowman2011
    kplowman2011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well
  • Lavelle1980
    Lavelle1980 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Tony Robbins - Awaken the giant within me, book. It's a psychological approach to controlling your emotions and behaviors. That one decision in your life can offset your destiny. Trust me, it's worth the $15 investment.

With that being said, i'll add you. My passion is to motivate, encourage, finding likeminded people to reach their health goals.
  • jason3105
    jason3105 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • missrain77
    missrain77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I sent requests. Thanks rashadlc1980. I will definitely check that out.
  • Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I think intuitive eating is a good idea, but it may be easier if you have been eating a "normal" amount of food for a while first via other methods.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what intuitive eating is but feel free to add me if you are looking for support. I log my food/exercise daily. I have been back at it since 11/28/16 simply eating cleaner, more plant based choices, less red meat and exercising. as of last Friday I am down 37lbs.
  • descene
    descene Posts: 97 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hey, I don't know much about your situation beyond what you've said but I'm looking for friends and you talking about intuitive eating got me thinking about my experiences with it.
    I went to an eating disorder clinic for a year or two, doing group therapy there. I took mindfulness, art therapy, intuitive eating, and intuitive eating meal group. When you have an unhealthy relationship with food, whether it's one of over-indulgence or over-restriction, your body doesn't do intuitive anymore. While the therapy group was very informative and helpful, the meal group that went along with it often seemed counter-intuitive to both those in the group for BED and anorexia, because when we listened to our bodies we were being told the wrong thing. Anyway, something I'm finding out right now is the body needs help to be intuitive again when mending that relationship with food, and that often starts with mechanical eating instead of intuitive eating. I'm about 3 months in and still have to eat mechanically, unfortunately, but I can tell my body is changing and I will get there eventually.
    I hope you find success this time!
  • finallyto82
    finallyto82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to help support you!
  • Lpaige89
    Lpaige89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    im new looking for friends as well so you can add me if you like :)
  • danikuntz3
    danikuntz3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me I am new but we could help each other!