Fresh Pineapple

Options
Hi all! So yesterday, I had some fresh pineapple and about 10 minutes later, I had this horrible bitter taste in my mouth that took hours to go away. I thought maybe I just had a bad pineapple. I bought a new one yesterday, and the same thing happen today. I had one last week and the week before and that did not happen. Has anyone else experienced this? I hate this happened because I love fresh pineapple, but that bitter taste is so not worth it.

Replies

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Pineapple does contain very strong acidic enzymes which can essentially eat away your enamel and cause painful rashes on your tongue/gums/lips. Possibly the acids are reacting with your own saliva/stomach acids and causing the icky taste?
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You may have developed a sensitivity to the enzymes in pineapple. Pineapple is used often as a meat tenderizer, and can irritate the tissues in your mouth.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Pineapple tastes amazing, but the taste of anything right afterwards is horrible, even water. When I have pineapple, I eat it last, and then wait a bit before I rinse my mouth.