Need some breakfast ideas please

Options
I never use to have breakfast in the morning my breakfast used to be coffee and that was it. Now because of my lifestyle changes I revised my whole life and started eating right all I know is eggs oatmeal. Please give me some breakfast recipes that I can make I work 3-11 I have plenty times to make breakfast

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Check out Pinterest loads of recipe ideas on there. I personally have a weetabix and powdered greens with orange juice, but that's because I struggle to eat so early.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like to food prep on the weekends so I can grab and go throughout the week. I make a breakfast casserole:

1lb turkey sausage
    6 eggs
    2 servings of frozen hash browns
    2 servings of shredded cheese

brown sausage, mix with hashbrowns and beaten eggs (I use a bread loaf pan for this) and bake 350F for 45 mins. Top with cheese to melt in last 5 or 10 mins.

Then I cut it into 5 pieces and put in tupperware for the week.

It has about 270 calories/serving (with the ingredients I use), lots of protein, and is super filling.

For more ideas check out the recipes board, there are tons of breakfast threads in there you can peruse :smile:
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Here is a list of what I generally eat for breakfast:
    2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, toast with butter - 300 calories
    2 packets of oatmeal with 3/4 cup milk - 400 calories
    Yogurt and strawberry smoothie - 250 calories
    Cottage cheese and fruit - 175 calories
    Homemade granola bar - 200 calories
    1.5 serving of cereal and 3/4 milk - 400 calories
    String cheese, boiled egg, and fruit - 200 calories

I usually stick to simple and quick. Hopefully there was something interesting in my breakfasts for you!
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you like for breakfast! Yogurt with fruit and flaxseed? A cheese sandwich with sliced cucumbers? Cold pizza? Bowl of cereal with sliced bananas? A good make ahead is frittatas made in a muffin pan. You can make a whole pan at once and then heat them up as you want to eat them. I really like English Muffins with peanut butter. Rice cakes with cottage cheese? You also don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to. Make a small smoothie and then eat a bigger lunch. I often only have one hard boiled egg for breakfast, then eat a huge lunch and a moderate dinner! Enjoy whatever you like!
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm very predictable when it comes to breakfast. I save creativity and craving-fulfillment for dinner.

During the week, I eat Siggi's vanilla nonfat yogurt with a quarter cup of cereal. Usually the Kashi GoLean with berries. It's delicious. If I'm hungrier than usual I'll have an apple, too.

On the weekends, I usually make eggs in some kinda way. Usually fried, sometimes scrambled. Sometimes with veg, sometimes with black beans or toast, sometimes an egg sandwich with cheese, etc etc etc.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I like to food prep on the weekends so I can grab and go throughout the week. I make a breakfast casserole:

1lb turkey sausage
    6 eggs
    2 servings of frozen hash browns
    2 servings of shredded cheese

brown sausage, mix with hashbrowns and beaten eggs (I use a bread loaf pan for this) and bake 350F for 45 mins. Top with cheese to melt in last 5 or 10 mins.

Then I cut it into 5 pieces and put in tupperware for the week.

It has about 270 calories/serving (with the ingredients I use), lots of protein, and is super filling.

For more ideas check out the recipes board, there are tons of breakfast threads in there you can peruse :smile:

I bet this would be good with some veggies added. Plan to make for breakfast next week.
  • jacobmherl
    jacobmherl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One of my "go to" breakfast foods is sweet potato hash browns. They hold for a long time in the fridge/freezer so I shred a bunch and bag & freeze them, then just pull out a bag when I need it. That with a couple of over-easy eggs, salsa, and a bit of shredded cheese is really filling and under 500 calories.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast at my desk while reading shift reports - so mine is a quick one.. Most days it is ~90g lowfat greek yogurt w/ ~2T of jam (usually a blend of sugar-free preserves and a sugar-added fruit spread) and 1/2 a Clif bar crumbled in.

upfdi0ssvd06.jpg
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm big into green smoothies. Find a fruit smoothie recipe you like and add a handful of fresh, baby spinach.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    3 parts in a big coffee mug: 1/2 cup kefir, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/8 cup whole wheat granola.

It's the same thing every weekday, but I switch it up every time I have to buy a new component--I get a different flavor kefir or granola or frozen berry.

On the weekend, I like either a chicken sausage or oven poached egg over a baby greenery salad, and siracha.

And coffee, of course. :smile:
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm boring boring when it comes to breakfast! However, it keeps me filled and I really enjoy it:)

Monday-Friday
    40g organic cornflakes
    1 tsp sugar
    200ml almond milk

Saturday
    1 slice seeded batch toasted
    2tsp of Nutella or peanut butter
    1 large banana

Sunday
    Either the same again or avocado toast with tomato or sweet potato hash with mushrooms:)

Boring but I'm honestly so excited for breakfast every morning:)hahaha