A 27-year-old junior?!

Options
MeganSWoods
MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
A little NSV for today: A friend of mine gave me jeans many months ago that she bought but never wore because the size wasn't right (don't ask me why she didn't just take them back, but whatever- I got free jeans!). Anyway, I saw that they were juniors size 17 and my heart kind of fell because even when I was a junior (in high school), I didn't wear juniors clothes because they were always too small. So fast forward to tonight and realizing that just about all of my jeans are too big, I decided to try them on to see how much more I'd have to lose until I might be able to button the scary juniors size jeans up...

AND THEY FIT!

They're a little lower rise than I'm used to, but I could actually wear them in public and not feel like I was going to pop out of them!

PS, my profile pic is me wearing them-- excuse the "butt pic" :wink:

Replies

• Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    You are doing great..and the jeans look awesome on you!:smile:
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I an so happy for you!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Woot-woot!!!!!
  • eternalphoenixx
    Options
    congrats! I feel you. I'm 27 my self and got down into the single digit pants for the first time since prob. jr. high or hs. when I hit my goal weight (a healthy 120lbs, i'm only 5'1) I wont have been that weight since I was 12/13 years old and in jr. high! it's insane but I love it.

hard work pays off. here's to being healthy! enjoy those jeans you earned them! :D
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    Awesome!! That's a big accomplishment!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! Makes you feel good to finally be able to get in those jeans huh!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You look a lot smaller than a junior 17 in that picture! Great job.
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    Great jeans!!! :~)
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sweeeeeeet!!!
  • prettyash76
    prettyash76 Posts: 117
    Options
    Excellent! Congrats! I cant wait to get into these cargo capris ive had for about a year.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that's an awesome feeling for you...physically & emotionally! That's great! I'm 41 & I am smaller (and in better shape) than I have ever been in my life. My 12 year old daughter hates the fact that I can buy my shorts at Justice for Girls & she can't. She's not fat...just at that "stage" where everything is trying to start to "even out". She actually laughs at me because she thinks I'm too skinny. :laugh:
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    WOW Megan Im so proud of you.. those jeans look great on you!! Happy for you :) PS. Nice butt pic :wink:
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Great job! The jeans look awesome!
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    congratulations to you!! what an amazing feeling and accomplishment!!
    way to go and keep up your hard work!!
    love this and those jeans!
  • campbellcjdm
    Options
    Great job !
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! :-D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!