Im a splenda addict

Options
I swear if I could snort the stuff and it didnt burn so bad (joke) I would! I put the crap in everything I eat and drink. Its in my tea, oats, cereal, and whatever else comes with it in it already. Anyone else have a splenda problem, maybe we could start a support group!

Replies

• SherryLynn82
    SherryLynn82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use it in my sweet tea. You can't be a Southern girl and not enjoy a glass of sweet tea every now and then!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I love splenda too! Don't think I have a problem, lol, but I do use it in coffee and on plain cheerios and in baking goods. (And my fav chocolate ice-cream is made with it too... Hey, maybe I do have a problem) Anyways! Don't think there's anything wrong with it, but just so you know, I recently learned that each splenda packet has 4 calories... My ED is getting to me lately, and every calorie MUST be counted. Normally, I could care less though.
  • beedo30
    beedo30 Posts: 186
    Options
    4 Calories???????????????????? Holy crap, I am going to have to cut back, I swear I eat a cup of splenda a day.
  • iamsteph76
    Options
    Splenda is so not good for you, it is poison. Try using Stevia extract, no calories and it's all natural with no poisons!!!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I use it in my sweet tea. You can't be a Southern girl and not enjoy a glass of sweet tea every now and then!

Aint that the truth. I go through a gallon a day. I love my tea.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i put SO much of it in my oatmeal. I'm embarrassed to say just how much lol
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    OMG, I had no idea it had calories in it. I am totally getting rid of it.
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    4 Calories???????????????????? Holy crap, I am going to have to cut back, I swear I eat a cup of splenda a day.

Per U.S. labeling laws, anything with less than 5 calories per serving, is properly labeled as "zero" or no-calorie. Even on the package it says 4 packets count as a "free-food." I'm not quite sure what that means, but on Cary's Sugar-Free Syrup, it says 1/2 serving is 15 calories and counted as a "free-food." So I guess that term refers to around 15 calories.

But, hey, if your having results even without counting splenda, then I say don't worry about it. :) Everything's off a little, you know? Something packaged as 130 calories, could very well have anywhere from 125-135 calories. FDA sees nothing in 5 little calories per serving.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it. It has the WEIRDEST aftertaste that sticks around in the back of your throat... (why do I get the feeling some guy is snickering as he reads this?)
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Oh no. There are calories in splenda?! I use so much of that crap! :( ARGGGH.
  • beedo30
    Options
    don't be, I put 5 packs in a 1/2 cup of oats, then shower it with spray butter( zero everything)
    Buddy asked me if I was eating grits lol, nope its oatmeal
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is off topic, but dude..175 lbs lost???????? And those muscles????? Amazing transformation!!!! You rock :) Kudos:drinker:
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    don't be, I put 5 packs in a 1/2 cup of oats, then shower it with spray butter( zero everything)
    Buddy asked me if I was eating grits lol, nope its oatmeal

Spray butter has calories too. :grumble: About 20 in 25 sprays.

I put 5 packs in 2 cups of cheerios! I think I've had a cup of coffee with like 8 packs when I was having a serious sweet craving that wouldn't go away... And i used to put anywhere from 50-100 sprays of butter on my veggies when I was first starting out on this "diet." I'm better about that now just because I've started to like veggies without butter!
  • beedo30
    Options
    Sorry this is off topic, but dude..175 lbs lost???????? And those muscles????? Amazing transformation!!!! You rock :) Kudos:drinker:
    thanks, I work my *kitten* off 6 days a week! All lifting and 1 day of cardio, first time in my life I have been working on "gaining" weight
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I would just try to slowly wean yourself off. I am this way with salt-- I salt all cooked veggies, fat free cottage cheese, etc. I am slowly getting better and am surprised how I don't need it as much anymore.

Perhaps it would be the same with sweets.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    beeds great work!

I like Splenda, but I notice it leaves a residue in my coffee mug after I drink my coffee....makes me wonder what it is doing to my insides.....hopefully nothing down the line.

Swimgodess, I caught your joke, yes I am snickering.