I'm at my biggest right now!

Options
h20sks
h20sks Posts: 11 Member
I have family history of diabetes and high blood pressure, but yet I still have horrible eating habits. Tomorrow is Day 1 and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Wish me LUCK!

Replies

• ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!!
  • mtnflyer1
    mtnflyer1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you! The combination of the cool tools and supportive peers should really help you get started. GOOD LUCK!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place!!! Welcome and good luck!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Good luck think of this as a life style change and not a diet and you should be fine.
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    Good luck!! This is an awesome place to start your journal and meet amazing friends to help you along the way! :)
  • Sherrylynn69
    Sherrylynn69 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good luck at getting started. Just remember that you will have
    Your good days & your bad, but just remember that tomorrow,
    Is another day! :)
  • vulrich93
    vulrich93 Posts: 99
    Options
    best of luck! remember we're here for you :) don't give up!!!
  • takamuzu
    takamuzu Posts: 7
    Options
    Good luck! Take a deep breath, and know that you can totally do this. It's worth it, and never give up on yourself! If you have a bad day, shake it off and get back to it!
  • Kjanthony
    Kjanthony Posts: 39
    Options
    lots of good luck and wishes sent your way!!:smile:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    We will see the new you tomorrow then!
  • Gojira74
    Gojira74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My message to all people just starting out is that if you fail at something, don't stop trying. I used to WANT to eat 1700 calories a day. I would fail about every 3 days and eat like ... 2400. The key is don't let those failures define your path. You simply try again fresh everyday until you do it with ease. You will succeed!!
  • Famzav8
    Famzav8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!! Add me if you want - it definitley helps to have friends on here! :)
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's an insanely great tool, and you'll find lots of support here.

I was pretty skeptical myself when I jumped in last Feb.; I committed to losing the least amount of weight a week possible (1/2 lb) and no exercise. ZERO.

Five days in, I was 3 lbs. down ... and completely hooked. I *never* thought that simply tracking what I eat and any exercise I do would have such a huge impact on my life. Truly, in the last six months, everything I think about food and eating -- every single thing -- has changed for the better. Oh, the things I've learned ... and the things you're ABOUT to learn. It's gonna be great.

Of all the changes I've made in my life, changing how I think has been the single most important thing. It took a while, but I finally realized a couple months ago that this journey isn't about hoping, or wishing, or luck, or even trying ... it's all about DOING, plain and simple.

Those horrible eating habits you say you have can and will change ... but it's gonna take some work and it won't happen overnight. No big deal, though: you can totally do it, right? No fear ... no doubts ... and no luck required. :)

Want a friend along for the journey? Feel free to friend me. You can SO do this. Forward we go!