Is my daily calorie goal right??

Options
treena023
treena023 Posts: 1 Member
Hi I have been back on here about 3/4 weeks now and it's given me a goal of just over 1250 I'm only 5'4 height wise but I'm a little confused about how active to set my profile as because it changes quite a bit. One day I could be sat all day but the next I could be walking around for a few hours x

Replies

• alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    What is your weight and age?
  • jaygonz0727
    jaygonz0727 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So that means after a day of sit u have to go jogging or running afterwords to get those legs pumping
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    most people are considered at least lightly active if they do not have any sort of disability restricting their movement

another approach is to look at your bodies response over time. Have you lost any weight yet? How much and how fast?

There are several questions you can answer to get better help:

start weight
    goal weight

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    • Pick an activity level - the one that is closest to most days
    • Eat the calories allocated (with accurate weighing and tracking of course)
    • Weigh and take measurements
    • If the weigh-ins and measurements are heading in the right direction - stick with the cals you're allocated. if not tweak your calorie allocation and carry on.

BMR calcs are a guesstimate.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Your activity level is your non-exercise activity i.e. what you do during hours awake that you aren't logging as exercise such as work/homelife/school, you would then log your exercise in MFP and eat back your exercise calories (50% as guideline initially in case of inaccurate calorie burn entries).

So if you're on your feet at work you would set yourself as lightly active/active, but would not include steps from work hours as exercise but if you went to the gym in the evening for 1 hour, you would log that in your diary and aim to eat the calories earned back.