Calories goal

Options
How do you stay in your calories goal during family event. I find myself going over my calorie count every single time there's a birthday or a BBQ. And there's a lot of those during the summer. Anyone have any suggestions? Or tips?

Replies

• Gojira74
    Gojira74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Two words of advice:

1) Don't sweat it. There is a difference between eating some Birthday cake and your day to day routine.

2) I just watch my portion size. I have a little bit of everything and not a whole lot of anything.
  • ahd22
    ahd22 Posts: 3
    Options
    I know this may sound wierd...but i always pack food for myself...and snacks to munch on throughout the day.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I enter everything there that I'd like to eat beforehand, and adjust as needed.
  • ytrac1120
    ytrac1120 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thx guys, I always feel like i fail if i go over. :-P Guess need to stop stressing and have a battle plan before hand. U guys rocks with the fast advice and tips. Much appreciate <3
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I agree with Gojira!!!!! I eat cake at the parties etc....but , one piece.....not very big. If it is a cook out...I just take chicken!!!! I ate 4th of July....and am looking forward to a wedding and eating the cake! Also, we have ahumongous Labor Day wknd family reunion. WE PLAN TO EAT! Instead of trying every desert there like we do each year...we are going to pick one dessert and eat it! Every now and then is okay....just dont fall off the band wagon. It sometimes may set you back a week....but...I think it is worth it! lol : ) Dont feel deprived!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound wierd...but i always pack food for myself...and snacks to munch on throughout the day.

I did this last night going to a ladies thing at church. The hostess was all "what, isn't my food good enough for you?" but everyone else was great about it.
  • lawlesslass
    Options
    maybe consider walking a couple of miles in the morning before you go...this gives you extra calories to play with. that being said, i give myself a couple of days per month that i dont track my food.....sometimes you just gotta eat.