Orange Theory Fitness?

Options
I've joined, and really love the program; however, I haven't been as consistent as I should be, but i'm getting back into it full throttle. This time with a HEALTHY diet.

Has anyone experience results or have any before and afters? any stories? i want motivation!!

Replies

• cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Amazing workout! But, the only way you are going to get results is to be strict with nutrition and weigh everything. If you are looking to bulk more, I would suggest adding some heavy lifting days. Orange Theory is a great cardio workout, with some strength added in, but the weights aren't heavy enough (at least in my area).
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yes, have been doing it for 4 years, since they first opened! (I live near the founder, in S. Florida.) I shaved 4 minutes off my 5k best time, about twice that off my half-marathon time. I used to get running injuries all the time and knock on wood, have not since I began this program (I did not do regular strength training prior.) I was not in this for weight loss specifically, but to become more fit. I've leaned out and really increased strength in addition to speed and endurance. Love it. There are many people I know who were overweight and now are in amazing shape and OTF was part of their plan.
  • blondehag
    blondehag Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OTF in my experience has def increased my cardiovascular strength - i couldn't walk up a hill before and i'm running at 7 in my push, so i'm feeling pretty great about that....about the food portions, that has always been my weakness! i'm a true binge eater....so i'm curious to see how OTF + calorific deficit is going to work out in 3 months.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yeah, unfortunately, no matter how crazy you get in an OTF workout, what you eat still matters most. Sigh. All those T-shirts that say things like "Will run for cupcakes" don't apply to me.

I don't see it as cardio only, though--the classes I take spend at least 1/3 of the time doing things with free weights, full body weights, TRX, etc. I think it's a great balance of cardio and strength and endurance. That had a huge change for me as I did not do strength previously. But I can see it not being enough if you're a regular lifter...it's not enough endurance for me, alone, as a runner. But as a 2-3x a week workout, it's amazing.
  • blondehag
    Options
    i love lifting. so a couple x a week i'll do OTF (which does have core trx and strength) a pump with my man at his gym. love the doms.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I did it once. I like the HIIT / heart monitor aspect of it, but the lifting section of it seemed like a waste of time. I wouldn't expect anyone to get that much benefit out of that part.
  • blondehag
    Options
    lmao such a guy response. i think it's great for strength, but it won't get you 'bulky'. that's why i go for an additional pump after.