Healthy meal options that don't contain seafood

I've never posted on here before and I was wondering if anyone could give me some healthy meal options that do not include seafood?
I have never acquired a taste for seafood of any kind and need some ideas on other options in which I can cut back on red meat and not always go for chicken.

Replies

• Samantha972016
    Samantha972016 Posts: 19 Member
    Thank you for the ideas. That really helps.
  • Koshayoga
    Koshayoga Posts: 10 Member
    Try eggs or egg whites?
    One of my favourite post - workout meals is:

2 slices country harvest protein bread with sugar free strawberry jam
    2 egg whites + 1 whole egg, scrambled with spinach and tomatoes and then topped with ketchup
    About 30g protein in this meal!
    (Bread is 9g/slice)
  • Samantha972016
    Thank you!
  • Kollane
    Kollane Posts: 45 Member
    This week's food for me:
    150g Rice noodles
    420g Chicken breast, diced (or any meat really). I just happen to love chicken and fish in it. Turkey is expensive here, but would probably taste great too.
    400g Asian vegetable mix (carrot, peas, mung bean sprouts, leek, mushrooms) - local brand, but I'm sure you'll find something similar in frozen section.
    Spices - I use Asian spice mix for veggies, chicken spice for chicken.

Fry chicken (with tiny bit of oil or no oil), spices, add veggies, spices, add boiled noodles. Done.
    At 100g, it is 82 kcal, 10g carbs, 1g fat, 8g protein. Super tasty and very "light" in weight, my large portion is 230g (195 kcal). I also tend to add sweet-sour sauce in massive amounts, though it'd only need a tablespoon or less.

Another super tasty dish:
    500g Whole wheat penne pasta
    800g Minced meat (I use beef-pork 50-50% mix)
    280g Canned peas
    400g Canned kidney beans in chilli sauce
    500g Tomato paste

Fry meat (no oil), spices, add beans and peas, add tomato, add boiled pasta.
    Unfortunately, I can't tell you exact numbers, but huge portion would be around 350-400 kcal.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    As much as I love seafood, I hardly ever get to eat it. So, I eat a lot of chicken, pork, grass-fed beef, and turkey. I grill most things, but I have found some amazing recipes on Pinterest. I love sautéing chicken tenders with garlic, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper. Then, I put those on zucchini noodles with marinara sauce. One of my favorites! :)
  • Samantha972016
    Thank you very much!
    Those recipes sound really good! Can't wait to try them