HRM Search....Help!!!

Options
There are too many choices on the web. I have one but for some reason I can't find the function that tells me the calories I've burned after a workout. I've been guess-timating. Any suggestions on a reasonably priced, accurate HRM?

Replies

• trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    Body Bugg! Right now you can get one for $129.99. You have seen them on shows like the Biggest Loser. Be ready they log everything!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    No matter what get a chest strap as they're the most accurate.

I recommend Polar and Garmin (though Garmin is spendy). I have both of these and they've lasted a long time with a lot of use.

In the past I had a Timex. Good price but, only lasted a year. :(
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar ft4 and it was just under 60.00 at Amazon. I like it so far. It does have a chest strap and very easy to set up! :)
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 (comes with chest strap) and it is awesome. Give calories burned, how much time in fat burn and in fitness, stores data.....look into it. I purchased mine from heartratemonitorsusa.com. Free shipping, I paid about $104 and they usually ship same to next business day. I highly recommend this HRM..very accurate. I LOVE mine!

Good Luck!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I just bought one at WalMart yesterday for $50... SX Sportline, comes witha chest strap.
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Sigma PC 9 :)
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have been using BodyMedia Fit for the past two weeks and absolutely LOVE it! Much more comfortable than a chest strap (it is worn on your upper arm) It tracks much more than HR and in my opinion gives a better estimate of calories burned. Cons: you have to buy a subscription to their website ($7/mo or so). But still...I LOVE IT!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    There are too many choices on the web. I have one but for some reason I can't find the function that tells me the calories I've burned after a workout. I've been guess-timating. Any suggestions on a reasonably priced, accurate HRM?

If it doesn't tell you calories burned after a workout or even during, it doesn't have that feature then... and the whole point of getting an HRM is so that you know your calorie burn.

I personally have a Polar FT7 that I paid 79 dollars for off of drugstore.com. I really like it... easy to use/set up, plus its accurate.
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Polar FT4 Love it!
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Polar FT4 Love it!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I have been stalking the Polar FT 60 on amazon but I haven't quite taken the plunge because I don't know what about it is better than the 4 or 7.
  • iyermanoj
    iyermanoj Posts: 5
    Options
    I just ordered the epulse2 from amazon.com has great reviews and no monthly fees, you wear it on your forearm and you can rinse under tap for cleaning.
  • divanikki
    divanikki Posts: 12
    Options
    I also have a Polar FT4 and I love it! Eventually may get the one that automatically uploads your data. When I have worn it as a watch I actually got quite a few complements. The price was definitely reasonable.