3000 Calorie a day maintainance right for me?

Options
tonyjnav
tonyjnav Posts: 16 Member
edited March 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Just wondering if 3000 calories a day to maintain weight sounds about right for me. Here are my stats and workout plan:
Weight: Fluctuation between 155~160 constantly
Height: 5''8

Monday: 1 hour boxing/ 1 Hour circuit training of weights/cardio
Wednesday: 1 hour boxing/ 1 Hour circuit training of weights/cardio
Friday: 1 hour boxing/ 1 Hour circuit training of weights/cardio

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I just entered your stats into a couple TDEE calculators and given your activity level, 3000 calories/day is in the ballpark for maintenance for you.

But the only way to know for sure is to accurately track your food intake and reassess your progress in about a month.
  • tonyjnav
    tonyjnav Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just entered your stats into a couple TDEE calculators and given your activity level, 3000 calories/day is in the ballpark for maintenance for you.

But the only way to know for sure is to accurately track your food intake and reassess your progress in about a month.

Thanks for the help. And i guess experimenting on my own with calories is the best way to go. Sounds good
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    tonyjnav wrote: »

Thanks for the help. And i guess experimenting on my own with calories is the best way to go. Sounds good

Yeah, pretty much. Online TDEE calculators can give you a fairly good estimate, but it's still just an estimate.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    tonyjnav wrote: »

Yes precisely. Pick a number (3000cals), eat that for 2 weeks and see what happens to your weight. Reassess at the end of the 2 weeks.