Best activity tracker?!

Options
I am getting ready to buy my first activity tracker and am overwhelmed by which one would be best. I was thinking about going with Fitbit, just because that is the well known brand but now I hear Zunammy Activity Trackers are just as good and many people are pretty pleased with them - what do all of you use?

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin Vivofit 2. I love it because it runs on a tiny battery that's good for a year and I don't have to recharge it all the time. It was cheaper than fitbit and I've been told more accurate although I can't vouch for that one way or the other.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have been happy with my Fitbit Charge HR, though I would prefer it to be waterproof for swimming.
  • hannys
    hannys Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like my fitbit
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,136 Member
    Options
    If you are planning on using it with MFP, make sure it works with MFP. There are a bunch out there that do not.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Best activity tracker is the one you like. I've owned 5 or 6 different ones including 2 Fitbits and I've finally settled on the Misfit Shine 2. Main reasons being it's waterproof, it's nice to look at, you put a new battery in it every 6 months, no charging it, the app is great and syncs seamlessly with MFP every time (I had nothing but dramas with Fitbit syncing), it alerts sms and phone calls, which is more useful than it sounds, I can leave my phone on silent in my bag. It tells the time. There are some nice accessories available. It's a nice round shape, not flat and long like a Fitbit so it doesn't hurt my wrist when I rotate it. It's so light I don't even know I'm wearing it. They fixed the band issue in the 2017 model so it doesn't pop out anymore (some people had trouble with this, I never did and I owned a Shine 1.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Best activity tracker is the one you like. I've owned 5 or 6 different ones including 2 Fitbits and I've finally settled on the Misfit Shine 2. Main reasons being it's waterproof, it's nice to look at, you put a new battery in it every 6 months, no charging it, the app is great and syncs seamlessly with MFP every time (I had nothing but dramas with Fitbit syncing), it alerts sms and phone calls, which is more useful than it sounds, I can leave my phone on silent in my bag. It tells the time. There are some nice accessories available. It's a nice round shape, not flat and long like a Fitbit so it doesn't hurt my wrist when I rotate it. It's so light I don't even know I'm wearing it. They fixed the band issue in the 2017 model so it doesn't pop out anymore (some people had trouble with this, I never did and I owned a Shine 1.

I still have a shine 1, but yeah, It's a great form factor.
  • mrskipling1
    mrskipling1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit One for about year. It clips to my clothing, so is more accurate apparently than the wrist-based ones. Very pleased with it, and the Fitbit dashboard and website are great. You can link to the dashboard from your phone too.

I've just changed this to a Polar Loop. Two reasons really. One is that recently I kept forgetting to put it on in the morning. You put it into a wrist band to record your sleep at night, then back into the clip to wear on your clothes during the day. I've found it really doesn't record my steps all that well when it's hanging on the back of the bedroom door in my dressing gown pocket all day!

Secondly, the Loop is waterproof and can be used to track swimming. That may or may not matter to you, but it's great for me.

Again, the tracker links to the app on my phone, and to its own website. I had trouble getting it to sync at first, which seems a common problem with this model. It links to MFP too.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit One for just over a year. It did everything I wanted a tracker to do, which was to count steps and encourage me to move. Didn't want a HR monitor, didn't want any bells and whistles, and didn't want something on my wrist. I like how it intergrates to MFP and all the graphs and spreadsheets I can play with on the dashboard.

Having said that..., I've recently got myself a Garmin Forerunner 25 because I realised that I was taking my running a lot more seriously, and wanted to monitor what I was doing. There are more sophisticated Garmins out there, but as a runner first and foremost, the FR25 fits my needs perfectly. I considered the FR35, but decided I'd rather spend the $60 price difference on new running gear. I may upgrade eventually, but for now the FR25 is perfect.