what is considered a "day"?

Options
4 days a week I work 1pm to midnight with lunch at 645 pm. I usually get up around 8am to get everything done I need to before work. I am normally home around 1230am. On these days I am so hungry. I usually eat around 1400 to 1500 calories. When they base the minimum of 1200 is that for a certain amount of time. I'm not sure what is considered a day. Plus if I eat every couple of house I would need to eat really small amounts of calories at a time to not go over 1200. On my days off I sleep in until 9am usually take a nap and go to bed early. I also am usually under 1200. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Replies

• reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I count my 'days' as a regular 24 period that starts at 12:00 A.M and ends at 11:59 P.M. regardless of my schedule, just like the food journal does---keeps it simple and makes it easy to log my food. It sounds like your calorie intake balances out over the week.
  • happymom1197
    happymom1197 Posts: 155
    Options
    I work 3 twelve hour night shifts per week 630 pm to 7am. I tried my food diary 2 different ways. First I tried from when I get up until I go to sleep. However, like you, I was awake too many hours to spread the calories out, and the second day I nap so I was always under. Secondly, I tried to count my calories from midnight to midnight. This is what works for me. Now, I have changed my diary settings to say "Early foods 12am-7am" and "Late foods 9pm-12am". This lets me keep an eye on what I'm eating at work, as well as monitor late-night snacking. I hope this helps! My advice is mainly to just do what works for you.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I agree with reactor25. Midnight to Midnight to keep things simple. I just renamed my meals from Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner to Meal #1, Meal #2 and Meal #3, since I could end up eatting breakfast during "lunch time" because I work rotating shifts.