eating 1200 and losing 1pound a day

Options
i've been eating my 1200 a day for the past 4 days and everyday i step on the scale a pound lighter am i not eating enough i'm eating really healthy so i don't feel too deprived but i'm not sure

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Some stats would be helpful. Height, weight, activity level? More often than not you can eat more than 1200 calories a day.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    the rate is always fast at first it wont last most is water/food weight
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Could it be your scale? Replace the batteries and see what happens.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but day-to-day weight changes are almost always "water weight." Yes, technically, you could lose as much as a quarter of a pound of fat per day, but it won't be visible on the scale because normal fluctuations are so much more significant. Personally, I see no value in weighing daily. Once or twice a week is plenty.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    WATER loss that's all that is - it takes lots of calories restriction over time to see fat loss
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but day-to-day weight changes are almost always "water weight." Yes, technically, you could lose as much as a quarter of a pound of fat per day, but it won't be visible on the scale because normal fluctuations are so much more significant. Personally, I see no value in weighing daily. Once or twice a week is plenty.

Is is a good idea to weigh every 3-4 days too see if your eating at the right level to lose weight as no calculator can tell you what you should be consuming to lose weight as we are all individual