Semi-new!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm one of the many people who migrated from Calorie Count over to MFP and was already a week into my renewed weight and health journey.

I've been a member of MFP for years but not really a user as I already used CC so now I'll be a full-time MFP gal.

A little about my journey. I have always been rather athletic and slim not really having to worry too much about weight. I'd usually fluctuate within 5kg and used CC to keep that in check. However, 3 years ago I moved to a colder and incredibly rainy part of the world having only bounced around warm countries until then and my lifestyle completely changed. I was no longer able to comfortably spend my time outdoors most of the day and from an avid cyclist, hiker and beach swimmer I reduced my activity to a few runs a week and serious cycling almost only during the milder months which are maybe 3 a year. That along with gravitating towards simpler meals due to long work hours and less time or energy to cook meant that the kilos started creeping up on me. Last summer I was at my highest weight ever (25kg more than before!) but managed to lose half of that within 6 months of strict dieting and intensifying my running training. Now, a year after that loss I've put on some of that weight again as it was difficult to keep that off without keeping a close watch on my diet.

Two weeks ago I decided it's time to roll up my sleeves and fix this once and for all. I am determined to get back to the shape I always was before ever moving here and find a sustainable nutrition plan and workout regime which considers my current circumstances. I've restricted my calories quite a bit, though not as severely as I once would have as I'm aiming for long-term and if I'm always really hungry and tired my motivation will suffer. I'm doing intermittent fasting once a week, something I've tried in the past and found quite beneficial, not just for diet but for general health too. I've also started a 30 day challenge which increases a little every day and am working on recommitting to my running training (it's been raining and storms every day so I just didn't have the heart...

Replies

• Healthati
    Healthati Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, my post above is missing some text. I'll add the part which was cut out later as it looks a little strange this way. I wish I knew you can't use phone emojis or it cuts out your text from that point on. All part of being a newbie I guess!
  • taterfitness
    taterfitness Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! You got this!
  • Healthati
    Healthati Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    (Continued from first post)
    "...and cycling. I know it will take hard work, time and patience and I aim to achieve my goal by mid summer to keep my loss realistic and make this a lifestyle change more than just a quick fix. I hope I haven't bored you too much, there are a lot of words in this post haha! Good luck to everyone reading this no matter what your goals are and stay healthy!"

Thanks taterfitness!

2 weeks after my decision I'm 1kg down, 1cm off from each of my body measurements and dropped my body fat by almost 1%. Not a bad start!