Weekend "Water Wars"

Options
I'm having trouble drinking the amount of water I'm suppose to. My commute to work 45mins-2hrs depending on the traffic so I'm very cautious not to have any drinks before I leave to go home. Who would like to join me this weekend for "water wars". Let's see who can " Drink the Most"!

Replies

• fdnando2879
    fdnando2879 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lets do this I drink over 120 ounces a day can you
  • lizziegal12
    lizziegal12 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great, at present I'm having trouble getting 22 oz down & my goal was to at least get 40 oz before lunch.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Be careful of hyponatremia. I was drinking too much and got myself yelled at by my doc because of it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,197 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't be healthy for me to aim to "drink the most", especially on a weekend when I am out participating in long distance cycling events. I have gone into hyponatremia on an ultra-distance bicycle ride a few years ago.

• BeChill73
    BeChill73 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It takes about an hour for water to reach your bladder and if you sip your water over time rather than gulp down a whole glass, your bladder fills up gradually rather than suddenly having a whole lot in it. I use to commute over an hour and would drink 500mls - 1 litre in that time just sipping as I drove. I also kept a bottle at my desk and sipped it all day long.
  • lizziegal12
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    Be careful of hyponatremia. I was drinking too much and got myself yelled at by my doc because of it.

Thanks, I'm really not drinking enough water at all. Yesterday, I only got 36oz I'm suppose drink 88oz but also good know your limits as well.
  • lizziegal12
    Options
    BeChill73 wrote: »
    It takes about an hour for water to reach your bladder and if you sip your water over time rather than gulp down a whole glass, your bladder fills up gradually rather than suddenly having a whole lot in it. I use to commute over an hour and would drink 500mls - 1 litre in that time just sipping as I drove. I also kept a bottle at my desk and sipped it all day long.

Thanks, I'll give it try. Let you know how that goes.