long sexy hair.

Options
MaitreyeeMAYHEM
MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
I'm trying to grow out my hair. I used to have long mermaid hair and I'm trying to grow it out. Along with eating right, exercising and taking care of my hair should I take biotin or prenatal pills? I used to take biotin but I think my body got immune to them. I've heard mixed reviews about prenatal pills. What should I do?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Anything with Omega-3s... just eat very clean and healthy and try things like olive oil, fish oil, salmon, tilapia, etc.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Eat a really healthy diet with plenty of good nutrition.
  • tushiness
    tushiness Posts: 29
    Options
    I actually find eating more protein makes is making my hair so much healthier and thicker and in turn it grows so much faster and stronger!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    NEVER blow-dry ;)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    NEVER blow-dry ;)

I only air dry. Lol

Tush and Arielle- I'm trying to eat protein but I only eat meat on sandwiches. I need eat more fish. That actually sounds pretty good now.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Magnesium citramate and zinc citrate help with growing hair and nails. There are other forms of magnesium and zinc but these are more absorbent than others.
  • tushiness
    Options
    Yeah any type of protein helps! I've vegetarian so dont eat meat or seafood so lots of egg whites and dairy and protein shakes! :)
  • htrl877
    htrl877 Posts: 49
    Options
    massage your scalp in addition to all of these protein enriched remedies. folical stimulation makes your hair grow!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Yeah any type of protein helps! I've vegetarian so dont eat meat or seafood so lots of egg whites and dairy and protein shakes! :)

Tush- I eat almonds and granola bars with nuts lol. Finer one bars and nature valley bars are my favorite. What do u put in your protein shakes?

Rlosapio- I massaged my scalp today.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options

Tush- I eat almonds and granola bars with nuts lol. Finer one bars and nature valley bars are my favorite. What do u put in your protein shakes?

• tushiness
    Options

I just use a protein powderi buy from the health store called International Protein Synergy 5 and make it with skim milk - so yummy hehe. You can probably find heaps of protein powders around you might like!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Well it makes sense more protein would be good for your hair since protein makes up almost everything in our body, including our hair. It couldn't hurt taking Omega-3 pills... definitely take some fish oil.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I'm gonna try that. How much is it and what flavors are available?
  • super007
    super007 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi - I've maintained long thick hair and donated my hair to cancer patients multiple times. Here is my hair routine...hope it helps.

I massage my hair with olive oil once in 2 weeks (depending on season's dryness etc) let it sit for couple of hrs and then wash it off. Massaging circulates blood and oil provides it the external protection.

Have a wonderful night!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Hi - I've maintained long thick hair and donated my hair to cancer patients multiple times. Here is my hair routine...hope it helps.

I massage my hair with olive oil once in 2 weeks (depending on season's dryness etc) let it sit for couple of hrs and then wash it off. Massaging circulates blood and oil provides it the external protection.

Have a wonderful night!

Like regular cooking olive oil? Do I massage it after I shampoo then wash it out?
  • tushiness
    Options
    Well it makes sense more protein would be good for your hair since protein makes up almost everything in our body, including our hair. It couldn't hurt taking Omega-3 pills... definitely take some fish oil.

Yeah I have fish oil too its meant to help with a lot of things :)

I think that specific protein powder is only available in Aus..but as long as you get one thats good quality and low in fat/sugar/carbs - whatever you want it should be ok! :)
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Omega-3s are supposed to be good for healthy hair. B vitamins, mainly in the form of Folic acid, are supposed to help your hair grow to it's full potential. Emergen-c has a lot of B vitamins. Trader Joe's has a great B vitamin complex tablet that dissolves under the tongue and it is supposed to support a healthy metabolism as well. My understanding is that B vitamins (as well as others) help with cell growth, which makes sense. The hardest part is making sure your body really absorbs the additional vitamins and nutrients.

As far as omega-3 there are a lot of ways to boost your intake mow adays. Flax seed and fish products are good and some eggs have them as well. I've also heard avocado is good for hair.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options

Yeah I have fish oil too its meant to help with a lot of things :)

I think that specific protein powder is only available in Aus..but as long as you get one thats good quality and low in fat/sugar/carbs - whatever you want it should be ok! :)

Does fish oil really work? Biotin pills helped me then I just got immuned to them. Do they smell or taste bad? I'm worried about that. I talke One A Day vitamins but I heard those are bad for u too. Lol