I need a little advice

Options
I had a good week apart from a pink wafer slip up and last night where I succumbed to cheese toasties and went over calor8es. I exercised 5 times this week including yesterday. Last week I was up 4lbs this week another 4lbs
Do you think I'm still holding water from yesterday's extra session or is this mainly food related ? I mean 8lbs in 2 weeks is extensive I'm puzzled here cus water gain can't be that high can it

Replies

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Yes it probably is all water weight and stress on your body due to all the excessive "purging "
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    So I'll keep going as normal?
    I do suffer with my thyroid but I believe I'm adequately medicated I'm ringing the Dr this morning to get a blood form to check my levels
    I do have a great talent of holding water. Christmas I held 7lbs of it. I just thought I would show a little loss from the previous gain I had?
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't know, I'm not a doctor so I don't want to make claims about your condition. You should continue to eat at deficit and return to normally scheduled excercise dates, give yourself time and this is general advice to those that see a spike on the scale over a random meal. Since I eat at maintenance at least once a week ( going from deficit to maintenance ) the number is up and down quite a lot but I know the reason and I let my body do it's thing
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    Ok thanks for the advice. I don't know how anyone can gain 8lbs in 2 weeks without trying. I must be holding a lot of water for whatever reason
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    If your not weighing all your solid foods on a digital scale and measuring all your liquids in a jug it's really easy to over eat
    Eye balling is one of the main reasons calorie counters don't lose you can't eyeball a weight measure
    To gain that amount weight you will be over eating if maintain calorie
    Logging everything is another important thing log everything you eat and drink the off good you picked at sneaked at sauces drinks sugar etc even some teas have calories and coffees
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Unless you've accidentally eaten 28,000 calories, then it's water weight - possibly combined with normal TOM fluctuations. Drink plenty. Keep your sodium levels low. Give it a day or two, and you'll drop down again.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    At any given time you may have as much as 20 pounds of stuff in your gut. When you restrict your diet that number goes down, but when you slip up and start stuffing in food more quickly than it is coming out the weight goes up. While this also translates into fat gain, the amount of fat gained is far less than the weight increase due to the backlog. Give it a few days and the weight should go away, as long as you don't continue to overindulge.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Unless you've accidentally eaten 28,000 calories, then it's water weight - possibly combined with normal TOM fluctuations. Drink plenty. Keep your sodium levels low. Give it a day or two, and you'll drop down again.

You know over a week it's easy to over eat 14000 calories my husbands dinner was 2800 Wednesday he had chicken wings ribs pasta I worked it all out that was just one meal
    Some people can consume small amounts of food but these are super high in calories
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I hear you @size102b - but since she is a regular MFP user/commenter and knows the drill when it comes to weighing/logging, I doubt the OP has mis-calculated her intake by 28000. She's agonising over the impact of a pink wafer so I'm guessing she isn't chowing down on big plates of high calorie food. She might well be off by a few hundred a day, but that wouldn't account for a 8lb increase in her weight in two weeks...

@leahcollett1 - Just a thought: Have you checked to see if you're pregnant? :o
  • leahcollett1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ha ha very much not pregnant yep weigh and log everything. Been drs today so he reckons it might be my mini pill having a negative effect on water weight too.
    I told him everything I told you. He doesn't believe my thyroid is out of whack as I'm still functioning great otherwise.
    So he wants me to try the other pill. And fingers crossed. We all know that 8lbs of fat can't go on in 2 weeks so I have to try figure out why I'm holding so much water even when it's not totm (God help me at that time ) lol
    He also made another point. The horn one I'm on increases appetite which might explain the need to constantly pick. So I'll try a week or two eating normally no over indulging logging and exercising my set routine and my new pill God dam it something should shift!