First day!! Just signed up

Options
Hello all I am new to this site any tips on what works and what doesn't I need help with moving I have desk job and sugar my downfall

Replies

• Erswim10
    Erswim10 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I found one way I have stayed dedicated to at least logging the foods I eat (even when I have cheat days) and exercise I do every day is to pick a specific time of day, when I know I will have downtime, to log on. There are many exercises you can do at your desk as well (even discreetly)!
  • Lindafaye007
    Lindafaye007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new too.......need to lose 80 pounds . Need inspirations and tips. Sweets are my downfall and exercise is tough for me. Love to hear from your experiences.
  • jessicadonahoe23
    jessicadonahoe23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job, on my lunch i take a walk for 30 mins.. after i get off i go home immediately change clothes and get on my treadmill or take a walk in my neighborhood for 30mins-60mins at least, then I shower and cook dinner. i always thought it would be so tiring but it isnt, i have more energy now than ever
  • Erswim10
    Erswim10 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My downfall was carbs and snacking too big before. I have found the key to everything is moderation (even though sometimes I do splurge on snacks I know I shouldn't be eating). Limiting myself on snacking has been one of the hardest parts of my journey but with dedication I have been able to stick to portion control (at least 90% of the time).
  • jessicadonahoe23
    jessicadonahoe23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can add me for support and encouragement, if you would like :)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You can do this, I have a desk job too. Log everything, get digital food scale and most of all stick with it. Good luck
  • genevagirl1360
    genevagirl1360 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm new here too. I do the weights and the cardio because I must but real joy for me lies with water aerobics. It makes it all so painless. Portion control is the key for me. Most importantly, celebrate even the smallest of your victories or wise choices. Be your own cheerleader! Cathy, remember to squeeze everything as you sit at your desk and don't forget to sit up straight while stretching your legs. Erin, you are so right about logging everything for accountability. Linda, how about some gentle stretches; they also have some great beginning Sit and Be Fit tapes to get those muscles in shape for more difficult exercises or to ward off arthritis. Best of all, spring is here -- perfect time for a walk, run or jog. Happy weekend to all of you! You deserve it!