SUGGESTIONS

Options
Nadynada
Nadynada Posts: 1 Member
I have a goal to loose 30 pounds by the end of June. In the past I lost over 50 pounds in less than 5 months. I am older and slower now.. (LOL) any suggestions?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Read this chart, and do the stuff BEFORE you have to ask "why aren't I losing any weight?" ;)

729nzp299hnf.jpg
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Should be the same as the last time you list weight. Cut calories and time. Your older now so the weight might be slower to come off, but the overall gist is the same. What other suggestions are you looking for
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Nadynada wrote: »
    I have a goal to loose 30 pounds by the end of June. In the past I lost over 50 pounds in less than 5 months. I am older and slower now.. (LOL) any suggestions?

30 pounds total in 17 weeks.....not likely (not in a healthy manner anyway). Here's why.........

If you set your weekly weight loss goal to 2 pounds a week (okay if are over 200 pounds) - MFP will subtract 1,000 calories from your NEAT (maintenance calories before exercise). But MFP will only as low at 1200. That's the minimum for nutrition. So if 2 pounds a week really requires a daily goal of 900 pounds.....MFP won't go there. As you become a smaller person....NEAT goes down.....weight loss is slower still.