Anyone have a good reccomendation for beginners Workout DVDs

Options
HELP! I'm new at my fitness pal and am extremely out of shape. I need a good DVD to start me out slow so I don't get frustrated and quit. It can intensify as the DVD progresses but I need a good foundation. Any recommendations? Any sort of info would help! Thanks! Hope to hear from YOU!

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    ea sports on the wii are brill! and lasts for ages!
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    there is a series of dvds called " Ten minute solutions" check them out on Amazon.com . I have a couple and love them!! or try zumba! its great.... well the class is...not sure about the DVD's
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't know - I think Tae Bo basic dvds are great for beginners. I'm VERY uncoordinated and I did just fine with them. :) Even my 12 yr old daughter does them!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    ea sports on the wii are brill! and lasts for ages!
    active 2 works you hard, but it's miserable ( for me, and a few others have told me as well ) golds gym dance workout is fun..it has mini games, and dancing..if you don't have a wii, i'm not sure, i can't help much..best of luck tho..feel free to add me if you like
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    I enjoy walk away the pounds
  • Jpc93
    Jpc93 Posts: 5
    Options
    I do in fact have a wii game system! Thanks! Will have to check out the games soon!
  • Jpc93
    Options
    I do walk quite a bit. I need something alittle more intense so I figure a beginners DVD or game would help motivate me to push myself. Thanks!
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    there is a series of dvds called " Ten minute solutions" check them out on Amazon.com . I have a couple and love them!! or try zumba! its great.... well the class is...not sure about the DVD's

Some of the "Ten Minute Solutions" are available on Instant Play via Netflix as well. There are a few other DVD's available through that source too.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I started out playing just dance on the wii and walking then i started on Zumba dvd, ti is hard, and the 30 day shred.
  • loopylass19861
    Options
    I just brought kinnect with a dance game along with the UFC trainer and after 3 hrs messing around i didnt even relise i was exercise till i relised my arms n legs hurt.. i now put it on when kids are in bed and if im up earlyer than they are
  • aliciarenee79
    aliciarenee79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are doing power 90. I do have to modify a few moves, but this is certainly doable by the beginner.
  • IroncladBRX
    IroncladBRX Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree, Power 90 is a great all around way to get in shape fast and a beginner can do them, I'm doing Power 90 too. Then after I graduate from Power 90 I'm gonna give either P90X or Insanity a try, but you can't just jump right into those unless you're already in decent/good shape.
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Chris Freytag - Fight the Cellulite Fast. It's interval cardio training.
  • Rumbii
    Rumbii Posts: 3
    Options
    30 day shred by Jillian Michaels, its only 25min in total (incl warm up)
    Its short enough to keep you motivated and give you results at the same time..
  • slightedge
    Options
    I started with Slim in 6. It's a 3 disk program. You do each one for 2 weeks. It combines cardio with body sculpting. I was not fit when I started.
  • aliciarenee79
    aliciarenee79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    We are planning on going to power 90 masters after we are done. We both have a lot of weight to lose though. Hopefully after that we will be ready for p90x.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone is low impact and a great to to burning calories!
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was going to say something like Walk Away The Pounds or even better, Slim in Six. I'd really try to do something that incorporates from resistance training to get you building some muscle. That's how you're going to see the biggest changes to your body. Let me know if you have any more questions! :D
  • Jpc93
    Options
    Thank you for all the wonderful responses! I just got Zumba fitness for the Wii today. $27 dollars at target! (Originally $39.99). It really kicked my butt! I'm going to invest in a DVD soon so I can switch it up.