Added weight sad face

Options
I have been up this winter and now I am even heavier. I was consistently 3 pounds more than I was for most of last year after losing a bunch of weight. So I was okay but now I am 7. I wanted to get to 205 but I am 217 now and I just feel so defeated. I feel like I am eating okay but clearly I am not. I don't want to put all the weight back on. I just feel depressed, I thought I had it figured out.

Replies

• Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing everything you eat, accurately? Are you logging everything you eat or drink, accurately? It's possible that you're consuming more than you think you are.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Yes, clearly you are not. So take whatever you are eating and eat less than that for a few weeks and you'll be there.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Do you need to jump straight to "I'm defeated, it's all hopeless"? How about pausing at "I have a problem, let's look for solutions" and spending some time there? It's a much happier place, though it requires honesty.

You are obviously eating more now than you were previously. How about logging everything you eat for 2 weeks, super accurately, weighing and everything, then look back at your diary and see what needs to be changed.

Quitting will not get you anywhere except heavier and sad. Let's find a way to fix it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    hey dont be disheartened, 7lbs is not very much at all, in fact in a few weeks of tightening up the calories you'll find they will be history. Just take action now rather then let any more go on - easier to shift a few pounds rather than wait for them to turn into more.
  • petete101
    petete101 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, we all have been there; however, you cannot let hopelessness get to you and send you into deeper issues or gain more weight. Positive attitude. I know it's super hard to break habits but like people have suggested: track everything and be honest about it, maybe lower your carb intake a bit, increase your protein, move or exercise a bit more, drink lots of water. I know we all like our food and indulgences, which is ok, i think the more you deny them the harder long run losing and maintaining is. What you need to do is say, today this is my treat and have one a day. If it's ice cream for example, make sure it's one serving not the whole container. Enough to train your brain to get something it wants but not enough for you to lose control and start budging the scale in the direction that is not desired. Chin up, today is another day.
  • lshurland
    lshurland Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have gotten back into logging my food. It gets so easy not to but it helps. I have been trying to improve my eating. It's harder now since where I work now there are so many more food options. Lucky for me I am not back in DC with the food trucks. Seven pounds isn't a lot, it's more the "god I don't want to go back to where I was" feeling.