New start shooting for a new normal

Options
rhaja23
rhaja23 Posts: 14 Member
Hi my name is Kristina. I am a mother of two wonderful kids and a wife to a law-enforcement officer. I also am a registered nurse case manager. I am starting a new chapter in my life. I'm at a weight that I have never experienced before. It scares me. So I have decided to make a change. Three weeks ago I started brisk walking on my treadmill and could only make it for 10 minutes. I kept on working at it every day and crying because I thought I was going to die. My job does not require me to get up and walk. All I do is sit at a desk and talk on the phone. Being three weeks in, I am now walking briskly at a 2.5 mph pace for 60 minutes per day. I'd like to meet some new friends maybe some new moms who would like to connect to support each other and become accountable. My goal right now is to stay at a 1500 cal daily limit with high-protein of about 85 g per day. Add me to your friends list and I will support you in your journey. Here's to a wonderful 2017 year!0ovsqvepbb82.jpg

Replies

• rhaja23
    Options
    Looking for friends
  • schughes48
    schughes48 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I also have a desk job, and I hate it. Most of my days are filled with watching Hulu, Netflix and Amazon. I will add you.
  • rhaja23
    Options
    You sound like me. Lol
  • rhaja23
    Options
    schughes48 wrote: »
    I also have a desk job, and I hate it. Most of my days are filled with watching Hulu, Netflix and Amazon. I will add you.

I can't watch the tv apps, I wish. How do you find time for exercise? That seems to be a hippcup for me.
  • zamarronmichelle
    zamarronmichelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi i am a mom also but of four kids and married but i stay at home right now i would love to add you and keep each other motivated
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a reasonable calorie deficit, always a good thing! Remember to make changes that are sustainable for you in your environment, and do the best you can every day (have a bad day, that's ok!). :smile: I have a desk job too, walking around maybe nets me a few hundred extra steps, so no help there. Remember that exercising will help your cardiovascular health (as I'm sure you're aware :wink: ) but it is not necessary.
  • RiderCG
    RiderCG Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's great you've decided to make a change and have already seen some successes! Feel free to add me as I'm just starting my journey out too.
  • lizcomeback86
    lizcomeback86 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello im engaged and have a beautiful almost two year old little girl. I do work full time and going to school part time for law enforcement:) We got this, wishing you nothing but success along your journey :)
  • rhaja23
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive support
  • rhaja23
    Options
    I've been having success so far! I love this community!