Lethargicism

Options
Hey Guys,

Name's Jeremy and hoping to get back into a healthier lifestyle and try to make sure I don't fall back into the lethargic complacency. Motivation has been lacking for years and has set back more times than once. I look forward to connecting with others to see if through such connections, I can rediscover my means in tackling my goals to get back under 200 lbs and then replace that obtrusive body fat with leaner muscle mass.

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Pact? It's a great motivator for me. You make a 'pact' to eat X amount of fruits and veggies, log your food X days per week or go to the gym X times per week and if you do it, you get a little monetary reward but if you DON"T do it you get dinged five bucks per miss! It's greatly motivating for me.
  • stefanieblaise
    stefanieblaise Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Its human to have slip ups or periods of laziness. I have found that mixing up how I get my exercise, and not making any food off limits, has helped me maintain an acceptable weight. Luckily MFP is a supportive place with a lot of answers.
  • bevyco1
    bevyco1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Consider this...motivation comes and motivation goes but discipline doesn't require motivation. Discipline means you do the work whether you feel like it or not. Feeling "unmotivated"? Do it anyway....get up, tie your shoes, do the work.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Its human to have slip ups or periods of laziness. I have found that mixing up how I get my exercise, and not making any food off limits, has helped me maintain an acceptable weight. Luckily MFP is a supportive place with a lot of answers.

This!

Welcome back!
  • fatty2sixpack
    fatty2sixpack Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Laziness is a hard habit to beat. Discipline is a hard habit to develop. I KNOW!! Good luck on your journey to beating laziness and developing discipline to create a healthy lifestyle,