Women's Weight Loss and Protein

Options
Hey guys!

So I'm roughly a week into my journey. I take in quite a bit of protein. I feel amazing after my usual breakfast of two plain cage free brown eggs and 4 oz of solid white albacore. My typical go to snack is low fat Greek yogurt. I still eat things like vegetables and some grains. I am wondering if the majority of my diet consisting of protein will hurt my weight loss goals in the long run. The only exercise I do is 30 mins of brisk walking a day. I eat roughly 1250-1350 cals per day.

Thanks,
Ashley

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    No, you're doing fine. Calories count.
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Here's a helpful page on how much protein you should be aiming for based on your weight and exercise:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bodybuilding.com/amp-content/women-and-protein-your-complete-guide.html
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Higher protein is a good helper with weight loss. Protein helps your body feel satiated (full) so it is easier to stay on you daily calorie goal.

A high protein amount would be somewhere around or above 25% of your daily calories, give or take.
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    a high protein diet HELPED my weight loss. It keeps me full forever ( aim for 1g/lb of weight- so 145g for me... I feel like i'm being force fed some days trying to choke that much down). If you decide to pick up weightlifting, you'll notice that with enough protein in your diet you can eat at a deficit and still build muscle!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've heard that higher protein helps retain muscle mass in women while they diet/lose weight. Sounds as if you are doing well.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,292 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Shouldn't be a problem at all, as long as you're getting sufficient fats and micronutrients/fiber (usually from fruits & veggies) along with the protein.

ETA: The fats & micros are for better nutrition - they don't directly trigger weight loss, which is pretty much just about calories.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I actually just started this weight loss system called the '3 Week diet'. I like it quite a bit, I have been on it for about a week an a half now. I'll post the link if anyone's interested http://3weekweightloss.life/week1

A diet that melts away body fat? Nah. Nothing wrong with any diet that works for you, but foods and/or combinations of food don't melt body fat.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I actually just started this weight loss system called the '3 Week diet'. I like it quite a bit, I have been on it for about a week an a half now. I'll post the link if anyone's interested http://3weekweightloss.life/week1

Nope.

Lifestyle changes not temporary changes.