Really hungry today - who knows why that happens ?

Options
size102b
size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
I'm really hungry today and I haven't a clue why so much so I could eat everything but only have 250 calories left in saving my porridge

Anyone know why we get hungry bad certain days I've been okay for a couple weeks but today is bad

Replies

• allotmentqueen75
    allotmentqueen75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Totm .... I'm more hungry the few days before.
  • size102b
    Options
    I've mirena coil so not sure when totm is it was around this time so hopefully it's that

I've done less exercise today

I think I need today to go away haha

Thanks you both
  • allotmentqueen75
    allotmentqueen75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tomorrows another day! Hopefully it will be easier!
  • size102b
    Options
    Tomorrows another day! Hopefully it will be easier!

I will hopefully get out walking lots I hope you are right
    Thankyou :)
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I'm hungrier on Cold Cold Days
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep makes me want to eat. Also lots of exercise the day before. I get hungrier the next day than the same day, so have learnt to adjust accordingly
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    How low are your calories? If you make them too low then you may feel fine for a while but then hunger catches up with you. Better to raise the calories in that case, and lose weight more slowly, rather than risk burning out and quitting.
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    I'm hungrier on Cold Cold Days

Omg me too, when it's cold I ALWAYS FEEL STARVING
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If I'm bored I all of a sudden get really hungry. Idk, to me I think to myself 'would I eat a bowl of apple slices (or any other nutritious foods)?'. If the answer is no I'm probably not that hungry. If yes, I eat but try to keep it light.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    One good strategy can be to review your diary and other aspects of the recent past when this happens. Over time you may see a pattern.

Candidates: More or less exercise, or exercise of a certain type, on the day of hunger or day before; less sleep; more stress; boredom; time of month; some habit-oriented eating trigger; more or less of some particular macronutrient on the day of, or the day before (protein, fats, fiber, carbs, sweets . . . varies by person); a change in timing of eating on the day of, or day before (literally the time you ate, or the relative proportion of calories or macronutrients across the meals); different hydration level; change in sodium consumption (even within healthy range); change in weather; different exposure to sunlight/day-length; implicit need for self-soothing for other reasons not listed above ; . . . . etc. ;)
  • size102b
    Options
    Thankyou for your support

I think it's totm have symptoms but no actual totm as mirena coil
    I weighed today 2 days early gained 1 lbs no way is that fat as I'm 1000% on plan to I was last weeks when I lost 6 lbs

Boo hoo
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    This happens to me sometimes and lasts for a few days. Ugh.

I have no idea why, exactly, but just assume my body is doing something like, "Seriously, do you REALLY want to do this?!" If I ignore it, I will drop more weight than usual.

No idea if there is anything to this, but I started taking an extra multivitamin when this happens. I just guess that, maybe, my body "needs" or "wants" something. It cannot literally be calories, so maybe it's some nutrient ... ? Anyway, it does seem to help after a day (rather than the usual 3 or so days I deal with this when it happens).
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing either your calorie goal might be too low, or you have increased your activity. For the last couple of weeks, for instance, I've been obsessed with a Zumba class and going nearly every night. Holy crazy appetite, Batman! Lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Thankyou for your support

I think it's totm have symptoms but no actual totm as mirena coil
    I weighed today 2 days early gained 1 lbs no way is that fat as I'm 1000% on plan to I was last weeks when I lost 6 lbs

Boo hoo

As long as you're sure you're on course, just ride it out, on course. In a few days, the water weight will drop and unmask your expected losses. :)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    For me it would mean that time of the month is close.
  • veronicav0502
    veronicav0502 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm basically going to repeat what the rest of the ladies said because for me it's when I am close to totm or when I have had a few days of bad sleep. I have read before that when you sleep your brain/body restores it's energy/repairs itself and when you don't sleep enough, your brain/body is basically looking to replenish it's energy in another way, so it triggers the next best way to get energy, which is by food. Even if it's totm, your body is going through a cycle where it needs to use up more energy than if you weren't on it.
  • size102b
    Options
    Thanks for your help

I sleep bad in general always have since I had children ,sadly I don't think that will change I will keep on plan
    :)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    me feeling hangry is normally a sign that I need to ping my RD to reevaluate my goal calories and see if anything needs to be adjusted in my plan