Is this protein powder OK?

Options
What's your guys opinion on this my goal is to lose fat.. I wanted a protein shake and was suggested to get this anymr51m80pc1b.jpg

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Can we see the nutrition label? Just remember, protein powder does not make you lose fat, only a calorie deficit can do that. If, however, you are doing strength training, and can't hit your protein goal through normal food choices, then the protein powders are good for that as long as they aren't pushing you over your calorie goals.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Hmm I've done a comparison with myprotein isolate

myprotein is around 0.03$ per gram, where this one is 0.0457$'s per gram on amazon. I always prefer high protein content. My protein is around at 90%'s, this one seems like only 71%. Not really good looking there. I mean it should still work though, perhaps you can buy it online next time.

vfjk2h46qwde.png
    ig3qtfx3jzl3.png

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    It ranks relatively low on independent testing site labdoor.com...

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Honestly, avoid anything GNC branded. Seriously, just shop online. GNC will rip you off on literally everything, while having deceitful price labeling that makes it look like you're getting a deal.

Their store brand products are overpriced as hell (just not as bad as the branded stuff they carry) and their products generally test like crap when third parties run analysis on them.