Tomorrow is the day!

Tomorrow I am going to officially start on my weightloss journey. After feeling so *kitten* all day after eating like crap and being tired all the time I decided it's time especially with my wedding 4 months away! I went and bought a bunch of healthy food, and will be logging everything and have plans with my mom to go to the gym tomoro after work! I'm looking for some friends to help hold Me accountable so I can stay on track! Let's do this

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    never start tomorow :D
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    alavocat92 wrote: »
    Good idea! Gonna be horrible but no point in waiting until tomorrow!

That's the spirit!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    alavocat92 wrote: »
    Good idea! Gonna be horrible but no point in waiting until tomorrow!

Not horrible. It's just data (as is bodyweight on a scale). You can be dispassionate about it.

Perhaps - probably, from what you're saying - the first set of food logging data will show that you're eating in a way that isn't carrying you toward your goals. Adjust, so that you're on track. The data's just a tool to help you do that. Don't be afraid to be honest about it, and don't let it take on any more emotional power than that. Drama doesn't burn calories. ;)
  • MelodyMomof2
    MelodyMomof2 Posts: 45 Member
    It's going to be fine. I personally think everyone should log food for at least a few weeks even if they aren't watching their weight. It's really an eye opener (or it was to me). It helped me to see where a lot of extra calories were coming from..mayo, cheese, etc. I could easily save a few hundred calories on a burger or sandwich by skipping cheese and mayo. It's been such a learning experience for me. I hope it goes great for you as well.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    meltedsno wrote: »
    here's a word of advise: Pick a "dead end" day between now and your wedding day in 4 months..let's say 3 weeks prior to the wedding-- make that as your dead end day... meaning where ever you are in your weight loss, on that day you work at maintaining until the wedding. In a former life, I made wedding gowns and did bridal alterations-- nothing worse for the alterations person to have to redo all the work they've done to make a dress fit when the bride loses (or gains!) weight a week or two before the wedding-- then complains about having to pay for additional alterations because they've already paid for the work. Personally, if I knew a bride was dieting, I'd hold off as long as possible for final fittings to accommodate her-- but there has to be a deadline date. If you have someone set up for alterations, let them know asap that you are dieting...Just keep that in mind-- refitting a wedding gown so close to the wedding day could end up costing you $$$$.... on another note... good luck with your diet plan and I am with the others... why wait until "tomorrow" when you can start today-- especially when "tomorrow never comes".

I've often thought that this must be the case, and that having a date when you quit dieting and go into maintenance ahead of the wedding would be very wise indeed. Whether you're a man or a woman, ill-fitting clothing on your wedding day will have a far bigger impact on your appearance than five pounds more or less.